Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha Why do people not like the warriors?

Can anyone actually explain to me what as so horrible about the warrior 350's?

I have a 1998.

It is finally perfected and i love this bike.

I can walk all over a lot of things with this bike.

So thoughts please.

Heres a pic of mine:

19eop.jpg

Affordable, reliable, heavy and slow come to mind. Ill handling becomes aparent once you ride one BUT.....they are still a great quad. Old design without the comforts of a newer model but they still have a great reputation and following.

None of the things I mentioned are a problem until you ride a newer designed quad, just like yubamike said. I'd rather have a Warrior than many other quads out there! :bonk:

nice bike btw looks beter than my o5 yfz450 :bonk: but every1 i know w/ a Warrior talks alot of poo so... its more a ppl thing than a bike thing i guess.................. p.s. gots to give u poo on your tires............looks like its time for some new ones :bonk:

Yeah. i KNow.

But i detail cars for money..lol.

And i dont have around $400.00 for a new set right now.

But the first chance i get i am getting new holeshots.

Thanks for the compliment.

:bonk:

lol.

But i can back up what i talk about my bikes, theres enough work in there to keep up with a good 400cc bike.

Nott tooo bad for a heavy ass warrior

I don't think the warrior is a bad quad at all for beginners,but most people bag on it simply because,You have to spend a lot more money to compare to a moderate bike like the 400ex.My friend has a raptor 350,"basically the same thing as a warrior,but gayed up."

In my opinion The warrior is a blaster,which I love,with an under powered 4-stroke engine.With that said,Yamaha put it out as a safe bike for beginners.

Oh ya,I am badbird's son.You can tell because I know how to type.

lol.

The raptor 350 is bigger, and lighter..(i dont know how they did that)..

But my bikes engine isnt weak or underpowered...

But its good for people who dont know how to keep a bike down on the ground.

Its not weak though

I bought one of the first Warriors when they came out ( '86, '87 ? ). Back then it was the first "sporty" 4 stroke. Triple discs, six speed, reverse, electric start. I did break the frame right under the seat and had a lot of problems with the rear axel mounting bolts stripping or falling out until I had a shop rework the mounting system. I know the newer ones adressed those problems. I couldn't go faster than the two strokes but I sure could go farther! I recently got back into quads about a year ago after being out for 15 years and couldn't believe some of the new hardware out there. The 660 and 700 Raptors and any of the 450's handle way better with waaaay more power than the Warrior but the Warrior is still a great machine for plonkin' around on the trails.

Affordable, reliable, heavy and slow come to mind. Ill handling becomes aparent once you ride one BUT.....they are still a great quad. Old design without the comforts of a newer model but they still have a great reputation and following.

None of the things I mentioned are a problem until you ride a newer designed quad, just like yubamike said. I'd rather have a Warrior than many other quads out there! :excuseme:

what he said:ride:

The only problems that come to my mind is stator issues.....mine just went out already used one from my parts quad...makes two out and a friend of minejust replaced his but overall a good quad...bit heavy but four stroke reliable

I had an older (89) model and mine was junk. My friend bought a new one in like 2000 and I liked it. I had my Banshee set up for MX with ZPS shocks and theres no comparison but I got out on his Warrior and had fun. I cleared a lot of the jumps on the track without any trouble and it never bottomed(I luv Yamahas). I figured out really fast that day that the reason I could ride it as well as I could was because between my Warrior and his on my timeline was MX racing on a LT500R, built 250R, and my Banshee. I wasn't scared of it so I got an idea of what it would do and it really NEVER felt heavy. The power and the weight and the frame seemed to work really well together. I think a +2 front end, honda offset rear wheels, a cam, and good exhaust would leave you with a really nice trailbike. No better than half of the noobs on the 450's can ride them, It would probably make a good XC racebike till you got up in the classes.

most think their heavy but i grew up on banshees and warriors. once you widen them and get a good pipe and tires they work really good. also a high comp. piston and cam does wonders. check out yfm350.com

I'm a brick/block mason, 6'1" and 230 at the lightest. It takes a lot to feel heavy in the handlebars to me. To make a bike feel light, you have to learn how its designed to be ridden. You take a Banshee and never get over half throttle and its a pig. Same way with a Warrior if you ride it out of the power.

I'm a brick/block mason, 6'1" and 230 at the lightest. It takes a lot to feel heavy in the handlebars to me. To make a bike feel light, you have to learn how its designed to be ridden. You take a Banshee and never get over half throttle and its a pig. Same way with a Warrior if you ride it out of the power.

Extremely true, thats the interesting thing about quads! So many different types fo different riders/riding conditions and each machin has to be ridden a certain way to get the most out of it. I try to explain this to my friends here in the marines but they dont understand. Most of them have never seen a quad before and the don't know what I mean when I try to explain how my banshee 350 is faster than some 400's, 450's and even raptor some 700's...they think bigger numbers, bigger power and more speed, don't know 4stroke vs 2 stroke:banghead: I like the warrior BTW, it's the second sport quad I had ever ridden, the first was a blaster which is also a fun toy! Many advanced riders may trash talk the smaller quads but I think they are extremely important to have for what certain people want and prefer, also for the beginners and younger kids.:moon:

Extremely true, thats the interesting thing about quads! So many different types fo different riders/riding conditions and each machin has to be ridden a certain way to get the most out of it. I try to explain this to my friends here in the marines but they dont understand. Most of them have never seen a quad before and the don't know what I mean when I try to explain how my banshee 350 is faster than some 400's, 450's and even raptor some 700's...they think bigger numbers, bigger power and more speed, don't know 4stroke vs 2 stroke:banghead: I like the warrior BTW, it's the second sport quad I had ever ridden, the first was a blaster which is also a fun toy! Many advanced riders may trash talk the smaller quads but I think they are extremely important to have for what certain people want and prefer, also for the beginners and younger kids.:moon:

10 years ago when I was racing the 400ex hadden't came out yet and you had a Banshee, 250R, LT250R, Blaster, and 250X/300EX that were seen at the track with a Warrior and 500 here and there. The coolest 4stroke was a 250X or 350X motor in a 250R frame and with the motor built up enough, they would do good. THEN at the end of 98 the 400ex came out and sold like crazy and was a very nice atv. NOW its a ***** bike, Banshee's are pigs, and the 450's are the baddest thing on earth. The magazine's and the retards and the dealerships win every time. Not all the dudes at the dealerships are retards. You can spot them easily when you here them trying to tell a dude what he needs because they used to sell cars, either need to sell or bet someone they would sell that one today, and have no idea what they are talking about. A guy I went to school with tried to make me believe the CRF230F had an alluminum frame when I said it was too heavy for my wife and then tried to get me to look at a Yamaha 250 dualsport which was heavier. He's either that stupid or just that much of a prick. I'm going with both BUT your average dumbass around here would eat up every insult he trough at them and go along with him.

:banana:Great looking warrior,nice job. Now for proformance you don't have to spend tons of money just spend it smart. Buy used front and rear shocks from a banshee, then get 2x3 off set front wheels for wider stance. Pipe and air filter and mybe HOTCAMS STAGE-1 CAM, then maybe drop one tooth from primery sporcket for quicker acelleration. I have bought all of what I just discribed and put it on a rebuilt 87, and for a little less than $450.00, it rides like a banshee and has power like a 400, total for my build $850.00 with title. OH JUST A LITTLE NOTE FOR YA, A WARRIOR WEIGHS ONLY 15LBS MORE THAN A BANSHEE, AND IT ISNT AS WIDE AS A 700 NOR DOES IT COST AS MUCH AND THERE ARE TON OF PARTS TO CHOOSE FROM CHEAP ! GREAT MACHINE !:ride:

kinda like mine

warriorkit4.jpg

or one of my friends flat track setup

ft.jpg

by the way i recommend going up one tooth so your not shifting as much that actually makes it faster because with a cam and piston it revs out way to fast. thats pretty much the setup that everyone on yfm350.com is using