Break Lever reach to long

Honda

Good Morning all, my wife has small hands and find the reach on the break levers to long.

Can the reach be adjusted? if it can, How?

Or can I buy different levers that are adjustable that would accommodate her smaller hands?

Who Sells them?

She also gets cramping in her thumb after riding all day.

How could the throttle be adjusted so it is easier on her thumb.

Thanks.

Back to top. Any help?

Check levers offered in Dennis Kirk by Parts Unlimited. They have short levers for bikes, and perhaps ATV's.

Glenn, thanks but D.K. only had info that I could find that related to motorcycle.

Still looking for ATV specific because of the perch mount requirement of the Honda it is different that those used on a motorcycle, so i am advised.

Any one have a suggestion?

Good riding all.:smirk:

Marty.

PS the thumb issue dissipated, she is riding more and has built up muscles for her hand.

Edited by o2golfpar

Try the DK on line catalog by entering year make and model of your machine.

If you have never bent your levers before and they are oem you can take it off put it in a vice take a box end wrench and slide it over the lever and bend it about a inch but dont go over board ive done it before.

as for the thumb issue mad dog sells a throttle extender where you can give it gas by pushing with your palm instead of your thumb

You could have a little fun and install a twist throttle for her.

You didn't say what quad. One of the utes I presume (you said brake levers...plural)? There is a foot brake down there....have you pointed that out to her????

Personally, I downshift and rarely ever actually need to use the brakes.

Moose racings comp levers look like they may have a little more bend to them than stock levers.

If you have never bent your levers before and they are oem you can take it off put it in a vice take a box end wrench and slide it over the lever and bend it about a inch but dont go over board ive done it before.

Thank you Jordan for the recommendation. my 2006 Honda Rincon levers now fit my wife's hands better.