1998 warrior wont start

i have a 98 warrior just rebuilt the motor every thing is new it has spark gas and compression but wont stat it fired over three time and now it wont start at all spray starting fluid in the carb or in the spark plug hole and it wont do anything wont even backfire i was told it could be the cdi box but im not sure it has bright blue spark

If it hasn't ran since you've rebuilt the motor, I'd check the valve timing first.

did that abot ten times then found out that the flywheel key was broke fixed that but when u smell the cdi it smells burnt

How do you know you have spark? If you have spark, you should get a combustion event at some point or another. It may not be enough to keep it running, but you should get a pop at some point if you indeed have spark. If that is the case, the timing is off. If you can't even get it to pop back through the carb, then your CDI is probably shot, and you don't really have spark.

How do you know you have spark? If you have spark, you should get a combustion event at some point or another. It may not be enough to keep it running, but you should get a pop at some point if you indeed have spark. If that is the case, the timing is off. If you can't even get it to pop back through the carb, then your CDI is probably shot, and you don't really have spark.

because u can see it bright blue spark ive been thru the timing ive done compression test squit gas into the spark plug hole ive went thru everything iv changed everything except the cdi box it smells like burnt electronics

If you are getting spark, then your ignition timing or valve timing is off. How did you check the valve timing?

If you are getting spark, then your ignition timing or valve timing is off. How did you check the valve timing?

k i have no idea about valve timing but i went and put the box back in it and now it just backfires thru the carb woulduld that be in the valves our do i need to try retiming it

k i have no idea about valve timing but i went and put the box back in it and now it just backfires thru the carb woulduld that be in the valves our do i need to try retiming it

Wow!!...stop what ever you are doing "NOW"..Who just rebuilt the motor?

Your valve timing is off. Do not try to start the engine again until you get it corrected. Find a manual either an online download or a hardcopy for your machine. Then find somebody that is entirely competent to time the cams for you. Right now either one or both cams (if it is a dual overhead cam) are out of phase. This can cause very bad things to happen to the top end of your engine that can result in a destroyed and unrebuildable lump that is only good for a boat anchor. If it is a single overhead cam, the cam timing will be a little easire to correct. However, it will require the appropriate service manual, so that you (or who ever does the work) can see the CORRECT method for timing the cam(s). Hopefully, you haven't had a valve contact the piston and bend a valve stem. Once you get the cam(s) timed it would be a good idea to do a compression test as well as a leak down test. May be to late since you said it "fired over three times and now won't do anything." WHO DID THE REBUILD????

the local yamaha dealer and yes the valve timing is right

I rebuilt a warrior last week and had this similar problem. It would actually start up and run but it took 10 min of cranking to get it started and when it ran it would barely run. On every warrior that i have rebuilt you cant line the cam sprocket up perfectly even with the arrow at the top of the engine, The cam sprocket key has to either be a tooth behind the arrow or a tooth ahead. (some run better a tooth towards the front and some run better a tooth towards the back) I had it a tooth behind when it was running like crap. So i pointed the cam sprocket key a tooth towards the front of the quad, i put it back together and it ran like a scolded dog and started easy too. If you wanted to try this i can try to give you more detailed instructions. If it was your CDI or stator i dont think you would get spark at all. It definally sounds like a timing issue to me.