ppolaris 425 magnum

I HAVE A 95? 425 magnum the auto hum right side will not engage properly if you have wheelspeed it will sometimes engage ..the magnet does work(will stick a screwdriver to it) but not sure how much pull it is suposed to have......any sudjustions before i speend 100 bucks on a new magcoil only to find out it is something else

?????? Not quite sure what you're talking about.

the right front hum will not engauge wont spin the wheel i have replaced the plate with the tabs because it was worn and it is on there properly with no change and i have power going to the magnetic part and it is working but still not engaugeing awd

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Question_Man
      Hey guys im between a split decision about getting a quad or a dirtbike. So I was just wondering what your opinions are and dont give me 'it depends on who you are' crap. This is a opinion question just tell me what you really feel and why. And if you can tell me the funfactors of your choice and why you choose whatever it was you did.
    • By entrpner71
      Well the 350L was short lived:smirk: and switched to the Scrambler so I figured I would let that die (quad was sold shortly after the thread was created anyway:thumbsup:) and bring up my new direction. A gentlemen is selling a 06 Polaris Scrambler on Craigs for 3000 and I could probably talk him down a little more. Trade in on KBB is 2810 so it seems like a good deal, he also claims excellent condition.
      The "criteria" is it would be for my mom (and grandfather on occasion). She wants something completely automatic with good suspension, strong power, and just fun. I want the 4x4 because she is not going to gun it when things get technical so this would pretty much guarantee her not to get stuck. It would be good also to pull out other bikes/quads and do some basic ranch work around their property (mostly hauling horse poop) too. I also like that my bother or my self could jump on and keep up with trx250Rs we just bought.
      So the question is this a suitable quad and how is the reliability of these atvs. I have heard they are a lot of fun and I don't think I need to worry about it being to much for my mom, she is not going to test it as long as it is predictable. Any experience or knowledge would be appreciated. This particular one is a 2006 but would like to learn about all model years as far back as late 90's. My other interest is when the AWD engaged automatically, that is a great feature and if she ever used it is just that much more confidence for her. thanks guys:worthy:
      P.S. other models/years and even makes would be consider if suggested. I am hoping to buy american but it is not crucial (buying used anyway). At 3K I would have a very difficult time talking my parents into it so if I could save money without much sacrifice by an earlier year smaller engine and so on please let me know.
      Last question (promise:p) how are these things on gas, not riding hard but light to moderate riding? We almost bought a banshee but the thing would eat 5 gallons of gas in only a few hours of hard rinding:eek:
    • By IHScoutII
      Can anyone tell me the good and bad about the predator? I found a 2003 troy lee addition for $1500, I haven't seen it yet but the guy said his brother ran it out of oil so he had a shop rebuild the engine about a year ago. He said they replaced just about everything except the crank which seemed like an important component to skip. Anyways, if there is anything I should look out for, let me know!
    • By entrpner71
      So they both have really good life insurance policies and...
      I am wondering what a good quad would be for my grandfather 87 and mom 53. She does not want to spend more then a grand maybe 1200 to 1300 but that is max.
      I need something with
      A) RELIABLE!!!!!
      fully automatic trans
      C) at least 250cc, I don't want them to have to wring it's neck in tuff uphill terrain
      D) something cheep to maintain like a 2T with CVT belt driven, don't want to worry about gears and all the other problems
      E) 4X4, I don't want them to worry about getting stuck anywhere. They are not going to know to keep their speed up or accelerate to get out of ruts steep rocky inclines and so on.
      F) can't eat gas, must be somewhat effective on MPG
      G) it can't throw them off, it needs good constant torque and horse power but must be very predictable if it rears up it will loose them.
      H) something that can really take a beating. It will see a lot of hard work, towing horse poop, knocking down weeds, rocks just about everything. It is going to be tested:devil:
      I) forgot to mention this in the general thread I posted but must have smooth suspension, not pro caliber or caddy style but I don't want them getting beat to death by the seat:smirk:
      My grandfather is coming off my dads (ridden twice) TRX200sx but it lacks the power to keep driving easy and he has to shift, no clutch but I don't want my mom or him to have to deal with anything but throttle and brakes. After watching my brother father and myself ride my dad decided to buy another '86 TRX 250R and now they both would really like to try it but need something that inspires confidence not something that peels your head back over your shoulder:smirk:.
      I was thinking a 1991 Polaris TrailBoss 350L. It is 4x4, 2T so cheep to rebuild, low hi reverse band driven, green stickered and 4x4.
      So would this be a good choice or should I look into something els. I also want something with really good pulling power to take out brush and small trees, cutting trails and more important pulling people out of the mud or ruts when the get stuck. This is secondary issue but a big reason for wanting the 4x4 and larger displacement.
      Any help would be much appreciated, again reliability is a key issue. Obviously I would like plush suspension and lights and so on but buying something this old, I need it to work or any feature is useless, we can't throw large amounts of money into this quad right after buying it.
      Thanks to all:worthy:
    • By dezracerE
      I cant believe I am the first.
      And I dont own a Polaris...yet.
      I am in the market for an "S" after the first of the year.
      Should be a regular on here.