Warrior chain adjustment

A friend lent me a Warrior 350 to ride next week so I thought I’d do some maintenance on it to show my appreciation. Does anyone know what the chain deflection should be? Is it 1” to 1 1/2”?

About 1.25 inches should be in the ballpark. I usually get all of the slack in the top run of the chain and check it at the halfway point with the rear suspension unloaded. Too loose is better than too tight!

Thanks Mike. That's right were I set it so I guess I guessed right!

Chain slack is about the same on all quads.......... :bonk:

IIRC the manual says 1.2-1.6"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kxrob
      Never heard about this
    • By Jturn
      38MM Cast SmartCarb. Purchased a couple years ago for a yz250. Don't have the bike anymore, and it has been sitting around for about a year. Used, but in fine working condition. You can also purchase a different needle for different bikes, as well as rebuild kits from their website.
      Asking $250 shipped to continental United States. I can arrange other shipping options at the buyers expense.
    • By Loper135
      So I am going to buy a brand new ktm 150sx. Should I wait until the 2019 come out? When does the 2019’s come out? It is March 22, 2018 right now. I have the cash already,but want to make the right decision. Thank you.
    • By MotoXRacer_19
      Does anyone know how to, or if you can, change your AMA number? The race number, not the full thing. 
    • By Toby_S
      I got all of this stuff to make a second engine with electric start for my 2002 WR250F. Including complete electrical system.
      The only things that are missing is the left side case, and a battery.
      Included is a complete new valve train, and Hotcams. The valve seats were cut by my brother's shop, on a Newen machine, which is state of the art. I lapped the head on a granite surface plate - it's perfect.
      See pictures here: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mpo/6512918268.html
      If you're interested, we can get into detail about it. I'm a serious mechanic, and I was totally going to do this, but I got a big bonus, and bought a KTM EXC 350 instead. Check my posts and history on Thumper Talk.