Sign in to follow this  

700R need new maping?

I have replaced the stock intake (mod quad/k&n) and installed a new yoshi slip on. My question is do I need to remap or install a new efi controler. It seems to run great but I don't know if it could cause any damage if I leave the stock ignition/efi controler. If anyone knows please let me know I don't want to kill the engine. The sales guy at a yamaha dealer ship said "it SHOULD be OK", not that I don't trust him but i don't. Any help would be great.:bonk:

Yes!!...absolutely...You do need to have a controller. This is the best place to buy a controller. http://www.fuelmotousa.com/ I have the PCIII and really like it but,I am looking to upgrade too the PC-V. These are hands down "The Best" I would not mess with anything else.

Yes you are going to need a controller. I am in the same boat myself, I just added a HMF slip on to my LTZ400 and found out that you need to add a controller. I bought the PC5, I have not put it on yet. I drove the bike around Sunday with no module, it ran fine, but I am not running again it till I put it on.

I looked at the site and it looks quite adjustable( this means that I can screw it up ). All i want to do is plug it in and ride, does it come from the factory ready to do that or do I ned to program it? Thanks

I looked at the site and it looks quite adjustable( this means that I can screw it up ). All i want to do is plug it in and ride, does it come from the factory ready to do that or do I ned to program it? Thanks

I am looking at mine now, since it is raining I am going to try and put mine in today. As to your question, the DynoJet PC5 does come ready from the store. I am pretty sure that you can hook it up to a lap top and make adjustments aswell. It comes with a USB cable. I will let you know more as I get deeper into this thing.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to lnstall this kit, please!!!!!!!!

The installation was fairly straight forward. It took some time to remove the gas tank to access the plug but after that it was plug in, attach 1 wire to the battery, reassemble and go. It did make a nice improvement through out the rmp range.