Warrior 350 Cutting Out

Yamaha

I’m trying to help a friend with a Warrior that’s cutting out. It starts/idles/runs great until you go WOT then it will rev up but starts crapping out and if you back down to 1/3 throttle it smoothes right out again. It doesn’t seem to be RPM related more throttle position related. I’m thinking main jet clog but it seems odd that it runs as well as it does up to 1/3 throttle.

Any words of wisdom before I pull the carb? Does this quad have a TPS?

Thanks in advance!

-Don

clean the jets, esp the pilot jet and you'll be good to go. Use SeaFaom next time and avoid this problem in the future. :bonk:

clean the jets, esp the pilot jet and you'll be good to go. Use SeaFaom next time and avoid this problem in the future. :bonk:

You're thinking PJ rather than MJ? I would think the PJ would relate to idle. Good advise on the seafoam ... I run it in all my bikes, lawn mower etc ... GREAT STUFF! :bonk:

warriors have constant electrical problems, pull your air box snorkle off and ride it if it runs better your probably getting to much fuel not clogged jets wich create a lean condition ,air filter very dirty if that doesnt help it possibly could be a stator going bad.

Clean the carb first, make sure airfilter is clean & not plugged, make sure plug is good, and disconnect neutral indicator switch, down by shifter, also make sure it is locked in to forward really well on the forward reverse selector. Also make sure parking brake mechanism on clutch lever is pushed all the way forward. If not those I would bet it's a stator coil. I just had to replace the stator on my warrior for this problem. A brand new stator from Ricky Stator for $150 cured my problem.

Clean the carb first, make sure airfilter is clean & not plugged, make sure plug is good, and disconnect neutral indicator switch, down by shifter, also make sure it is locked in to forward really well on the forward reverse selector. Also make sure parking brake mechanism on clutch lever is pushed all the way forward. If not those I would bet it's a stator coil. I just had to replace the stator on my warrior for this problem. A brand new stator from Ricky Stator for $150 cured my problem.

Thanks for the info! My buddy picked up the quad B4 I could work on it so I will pass thei along to him! :bonk:

Take the neutral switch wire to your clutch rip it out and throw it away problem solved

Take the neutral switch wire to your clutch rip it out and throw it away problem solved

It's not always the neutral indicator switch that causes this problem. Hence why I said try running it disconnected, if it runs better, the neutral indicator switch is bad. Its only a $20 part if i remember correctly.