HELP!! 92 Bayou 300 Not starting

I have replaced the Ignition coil, CDI box and have what I think is a good spark. I have rebuilt the carb and it appears fine but my quad will not start. I place my finger over the spark plug hole and i appear to have compression.

Any ideas?

1. Run a compression test. Anything less that 100 pis is weak and may not start.

2. If above 100 psi above, pour a small amount of fuel in spark plug hole, install spark plug and try to start. If it pops off and dies, you have a fuel issue, If it doesn't, you have a spark and/or timing issue.

Thanks...I will pick up a gage this weekend and check it out. I will post back the results

Thanks again

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MotoXRacer_19
      Does anyone know how to, or if you can, change your AMA number? The race number, not the full thing. 
    • By MrPickles
      I have a 1990 Suzuki RMX250 for sale.  It was bought from a friend who bent the crank back in 2000 and took it completely apart (down to the nuts, bolts, and washers).  The frame was powder coated black.  New crank case bearings, new gaskets for crank case, cylinder, and cylinder head.  All transmission bearings were cleaned and checked for wear or damage.  The crank was rebuilt and balanced by a local Harley shop.  New OEM piston and rings.  Cylinder and head are in excellent condition and worth almost as much as the entire bike, I think.  Brand new FMF Gold Fatty pipe.  New front and rear Renthal sprockets and new D.I.D. chain.  New grips.  Includes the original headlight and odometer (not shown), Mikuni TM38 carb has been cleaned and rebuilt.  Seat is original and in perfect condition. Runs perfectly.  Could use some new plastics, new foot pegs, front fork seals, rear tire, and a tune by someone better than I.  Pink slip in hand, but hasn't been registered in years.  Will throw in a Clymer manual.  The bike is a rocket and too tall for my 5'9" frame.  I'd like something a little more convenient to ride with my young kids. Asking $1800 OBO.  Serious inquiries only please.  Price doesn't include any shipping.   
    • By faizakhtar125
      Hey guys I just bought a bike last night. So the seller said the bike will turn on but then die. We didn't try it because it was really late at night and it was raining (seat was wet). But he said if you bump start it, it will turn on and ride. So what do you think the problem is? I just want to make sure it runs... I probably won't be able to bump start it till Saturday (rain)... It's a four stroke, and I know absolutely nothing about them. Thanks.
    • By joker199159
      I recently bought a 2000 kx 125 iso top and bottom end the whole 9 the main issue iam having is finding it and I was wondering if anybody had ideas where to purchase or atlest enter changeable parts for 2000 kx 125. 
      #Kawasaki#kx125 #2stroke 

• By Christo6060
      Hey everyone should I buy this bike? $350 haven’t negotiated yet, not running kd80. I want to flip it or even keep it so the condition is not a problem. Is it easy to find parts? And is that a good price before negotiation. What do you think it’s worth. If not do you guys know of anything I should buy in Victoria area that’s 2 stroke.