OZ Super X Round 1 - Sore Loser REED?

Supercross

Round 1 of the OZ Super X commenced over here on Saturday and happened to produce some pretty good exciting racing.

Jay Marmont was his usual consistent self and two second place finishes won him the well deserved overall result.

Dan Reardon showed plenty of speed after his US open results. He won the first final and was crushing the field in the second final as well but crashed in the sand section.

Chad had a crash and had to go through the LCQ. Got the worst gate picks for the 2 final races and was always under pressure to win from there. Won the second final after taking out the leader Kodie Mackie over the berm on the last corner to win. Probably just a racing incident but you could imagine how Reed would have reacted had it been done to him.

The race of the night though belongs to Matt Moss and Kyle Cunningham form the US in the second final of the 250's. Mossy won but he will have a battle to hold his number 1 plate as the American showed he has the speed to run with him.

450 Class Results:

1. Jay Marmont

2. Dan Reardon

3. Chad Reed

250 Class Results:

1. Matt Moss

2. Ryan Marmont

3. Kyle Cunningham

The big talking point however seems to be Chad Reeds walking off the podium during the presentation ceremony rather than celebrating with the other guys.

I myself lost a lot of respect for Chad Reed last night and felt that he was nothing but a sore loser and showed a total lack of respect for his opponents.

But after all this i wonder for the rest of the series if anyone will now stand and celebrate beside Chad when he wins or walk off as he did, and he had better be prepared to be put over the side of the track as there will be a few get squares out there from now on.

Bring on Round 2.http://www.superx.com.au/home/

He's not showed for podiums before or walked off early a few times this year. If he did it out of poor sportsmanship, then boo hoo on him but he's been barfing a lot during and after races. Last incident was in moto 2 of the last nat'l. Not that long ago. If it was just a stomach thing, perhaps he should have stayed and barfed on the podium so people wouldn't think he was a poor sport. Oops too late...

He looked fine smiling and joking around whilst being interviewed straight after the podium celebrations. Im a real big Reed fan as are many others here in OZ and im sorry but i cant defend him on this one.

He's a straight up whiny tool and this type of thing (your story) is exactly why I don't like the guy....PERIOD!!

he got beat on his own turf at his own series, ha ha sweet for the underdogs

He looked fine smiling and joking around whilst being interviewed straight after the podium celebrations. Im a real big Reed fan as are many others here in OZ and im sorry but i cant defend him on this one.

I thought he walked off the podium?...now he's smiling during interviews AFTER the podium celebrations? How long does he need to stay on the podium to be considered "congratulating his competitors?" Can you expand on this? I don't get the scenario here or why its affecting anyone enough to actually start a thread over it...something must have happened. A simple podium walk off shouldn't illicit this kind of whining about a whiner.

What happened to JS7?

reed did his interviews photo's etc but just before the champagne was flying he walked off !

He was just upset his suzuki got repossessed

reed did his interviews photo's etc but just before the champagne was flying he walked off !

I'm still a bit fuzzy as to why this bothers some people, especially when it's just an interpretation of what others think it might be not based on fact. He walked off but what were his reasons for it? Until there's an explanation from the reed camp, people are just making it mean what they want it to.

I've competed my whole life in various sports. After a beating, I'll shake hands and make nice but I'm not hanging around to celebrate my loss... The fact that these guys do it more times than not is pretty good. This sounds like nit-picking...

This thread has been a pleasure to read so far. LMAO Josh, I thought Reed was over that barfing and stuff mystery illness? This one stinging a little? Explanation from the Reed camp? You really think there will be one and even if there is some will believe and some will not.

nowazzu....me too....I about shit when I played my first softball game and we shook hands afterward.... but it is customary for the podium finishers to spray the die hard fans with champagne and if you do not do that then there will be people that will form an opinion.

Souperfly..........huh? JS7 isn't doing the whole series...I think he is only doing 1 race and I believe it is the last one.

wah wah chad reed lost

wah wah chad reed walked off the podium

we're sure gonna have alot to talk about when he leaves mx.....

I'm still a bit fuzzy as to why this bothers some people, especially when it's just an interpretation of what others think it might be not based on fact. He walked off but what were his reasons for it? Until there's an explanation from the reed camp, people are just making it mean what they want it to.

X2:thumbsup:

This thread has been a pleasure to read so far. LMAO Josh, I thought Reed was over that barfing and stuff mystery illness? This one stinging a little? Explanation from the Reed camp? You really think there will be one and even if there is some will believe and some will not.

nowazzu....me too....I about shit when I played my first softball game and we shook hands afterward.... but it is customary for the podium finishers to spray the die hard fans with champagne and if you do not do that then there will be people that will form an opinion.

Souperfly..........huh? JS7 isn't doing the whole series...I think he is only doing 1 race and I believe it is the last one.

Very true. I hope he is over the barfing thing but who knows...I'll take a rude healthy Reed over a nice barfing Reed. Racing much better.

JS7 isn't doing the whole series...I think he is only doing 1 race and I believe it is the last one.

Yep, only the last race in Brisbane..... and i'm going to be there :bonk:

Very true. I hope he is over the barfing thing but who knows...I'll take a rude healthy Reed over a nice barfing Reed. Racing much better.

its diff racing? im sorry... i don't remember diff racing! i remember before the "barfing" he would win a championship when RC was out with busted knee and then with the barfing he won a championship with bubba out with busted knee! and last year he got second pretty much every race and still lost the championship to JS7... im really sorry but i don't see any diff in his racing... im still waiting for reed to beat js7 in a race... and i don't care if the faster one doesn't all ways win... faster is faster and yes if you crash you don't get to the finish first but don't blame the fact that you are slower than the other guy on barfing. has anyone seen reedy boy barf? not saying he isn't im just asking if ANYONE has seen this? i mean your at a mx track and you need to barf... i don't think you will run to your motor home and close all the windows and have your hot ass wife hold your hair back and cover your gay a$$ ear rings so no one sees you barf... you just move off the track in the grass and let it go! right? i don't buy the barf story... i sure hope he feels better though.... maybe we should all get a get well soon card for him... and start calling dibbs on ellie! :bonk: i got first dibs on her! :bonk:

disclaimer: mostly all in joking and games!

disclaimer: i mean alot of it though! :bonk:

disclaimer: the "gay" comment wasn't calling him gay.... it was like saying stupid, i don't agree with it, bad choice, or his ear rings are GAY! but i wasn't calling him gay! look at ellie! if he was gay he is dumber than i thought! :bonk:

He's reportedly barfed in his helmet on the track and kept going. How this is possible I have no idea...he didn't show up for the podium these 2 instances.

Whether or not the results are the same, it definitely isn't an advantage. Against JS you need all you can get.

I actually watched that and thought it a bit strange. but if you keep watching, I believe you will see he is actually doing another intervew below the podium, which is obvios where he had to go. I guess as the (promotor) of the series there are things he has to do that nobody else does.:bonk:

Maybe he had to go sign the checks.