limited budget and a begginer rider

Im a beginner rider on a kx250 and so far ive broken 3 clutch levers and a front brake lever, and its starting to cost some money. I know in time i will stop falling as much, but for know its kind of inevitable if i push myself...

So my question to you guys is; whats a better solution to this problem, buying the unbreakable/reverse movement levers, or buying hand-guards with cheap levers.

I would go for a "unbreakable" lever, I don't think wrap around hand guards on some tracks are legal, But I may be wrong there.

wrap around hand gaurds are definantly the best option for lever protection, as well as protecting your hands from tree's, however if you have them positioned wrong they can cause you to break your wrist's if you ho over the handle bars, angle them down about 30 degree's and you should be right.

Im a beginner rider on a kx250 and so far ive broken 3 clutch levers and a front brake lever, and its starting to cost some money. I know in time i will stop falling as much, but for know its kind of inevitable if i push myself...

So my question to you guys is; whats a better solution to this problem, buying the unbreakable/reverse movement levers, or buying hand-guards with cheap levers.

I had the same problem, so I bought the F3 ASV Brake and Clutch lever combo. Which took care of that. Just remember not to over tighten the clamps that hold the levers to your bars. That way if you go down and hit the levers they rotate, so you can hit them back and keep on going. Or get these. Link Link

How tight are your perches on the bars? You want them to be snug enough not to move when riding, but loose enough that in a fall, the perch will just rotate up or down instead of breaking the lever.

I vote handguards, but all I ride is tight twisty Ontario singletrack, so my hands have been saved many times by them. I imagine if you rode MX it might not be the best option.

The poor man´s rotator clamp is to put a loop of electrical tape under the perch. And then just tighten it enough to stay put. No more.

The poor man´s rotator clamp is to put a loop of electrical tape under the perch. And then just tighten it enough to stay put. No more.

Electrical tape or teflon tape. I vote for bark busters but have had good luck with teflon tape.

I don't trailride so no bark-busters for me, but I've been very happy with Sunline V1 MDX levers. I saw them for around $50 each on Ebay recently.

i ride mostly trails, so im guesiing handguars would be a good investment anyways, are there any specific models or brands i should look for in the guards? ones that wont crack if you fall on them countless times...