2010 yz 144

I wish I would of bought one of those instead of the new 06 YZ125 I bought 2.5 months ago!

I wish I would of bought one of those instead of the new 06 YZ125 I bought 2.5 months ago!

I think much of the parts are available for the bike...so buy them and bolt on!

Or

Send it out and have it done!

That bike requires minor case mods to make the piston fit...I bet that's the extent to which the mods from yamaha have been applied...

The dyno of the 144 posted over stock is not the amount of improvement I expected considering the development! I think there is much more left on the table from personal experience.

I think much of the parts are available for the bike...so buy them and bolt on!

Or

Send it out and have it done!

That bike requires minor case mods to make the piston fit...I bet that's the extent to which the mods from yamaha have been applied...

The dyno of the 144 posted over stock is not the amount of improvement I expected considering the development! I think there is much more left on the table from personal experience.

Still cool that Yamaha came out with this! Best bike in-between a 250 and 125!

it said porting was extra, so i would assume a lot was left on the table.

any reason why they dont sell this in the u.s.?

Also is it possible to make a yz 200? Everyone says a 125 nas no bottom end and a 250 is two much bike so why not a 200?

It's not possible IMHO with a stock 125 cases and such.

The cylinder doesn't have room beyond 144 size piston. The cases don't have room beyond I think about 3mm stroke...

That's a 167 if I recall correctly...

The rest of the bike doesn't match up at all with that build...aka the reed inlet...the case volume, transfer volume...cooling capacity.

Only real way IMHO would be take a 250 and make it smaller...but that would not be the right way

It's not possible IMHO with a stock 125 cases and such.

The cylinder doesn't have room beyond 144 size piston. The cases don't have room beyond I think about 3mm stroke...

That's a 167 if I recall correctly...

The rest of the bike doesn't match up at all with that build...aka the reed inlet...the case volume, transfer volume...cooling capacity.

Only real way IMHO would be take a 250 and make it smaller...but that would not be the right way

yea its a 167 stroker if you do that

i bet that bike would be super fun to ride...i wonder if they are bound for the US

I believe the Aussie race categories actually favor such a bike in terms of junior rider development.

any reason why they dont sell this in the u.s.?

Also is it possible to make a yz 200? Everyone says a 125 nas no bottom end and a 250 is two much bike so why not a 200?

Why would that not work ? Sleeve and stroke it down to a 200 cc misile and slip it into a 125 chassis. Now that would be cool ! :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Why would that not work ? Sleeve and stroke it down to a 200 cc misile and slip it into a 125 chassis. Now that would be cool ! :bonk::bonk::bonk:

The transmission, clutch, cases, case volume, crank and main bearings are all designed to support a 250 two stroke.

Where do you think the weight difference between a 125 yz and a 250 yz is!?

It's all in the motor.

Making it a 200 would turn it into a trail bike...slow to rev, heavy, lot's of frictional loss.

Not to mention the case volume, inlet etc... are all designed for the 250 in the power deparment. It would probably be possible to correct all this with a lot of epoxy, testing, development, and luck!

In the end, a 144 may be faster.