Sign in to follow this  

Power bomb - yes or no

Has anyone had any experience with the "power bomb" type header pipes on a 09 WR250F. You know the ones with the bulge in the middle. Either GYTR or other.

Are they worth the investment ?

Do they add power ?

What kind of power do they add ?

I've already put on a GYTR tail piece and done all the other free mods. Bike runs pretty well but if power bomb significantly improves performance I'm in.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I just put a titanium Factory 4.1 exhaust w/ powerbomb on my 05 WR250F yesterday and rode it around the neighborhood a couple times. It feels like there's more bottom end power but I won't have a chance to really ride it until next weekend.

I'm pretty sure it shaved off at least a couple pounds too.

I've tried 3 header pipes inc Mega bomb - not worth much IMHO (it was the best though). Stock is good on '08 YZ.

I'm ridding a 07 wr250f, with fmf q4 ti muffler, and megabomb header. I am very pleased with the improved performance of this combo. I never tried each component individually, however i believe most of the gain came from the muffler. Both the fmf header and muffler have bigger diameter than stock, but the muffler is a significant gain over the stock or gytr outlet diameter. I feel the greatest impovement in perfomance between idle and about 2/3 throttle. The motor revs much easier in this range, an also seems to have added a few ponies, as it will loft the front end with far less effort. If you're on the fence about adding an exhaust, just save up some cash ($600) and shop for the best prices on ebay, or wherever you find parts. You won't be sorry. Don't let people discourage you with poor quality, or lack of workmanship. Just pick out a system that fits your needs, put it on, and don't look back.

I'm ridding a 07 wr250f, with fmf q4 ti muffler, and megabomb header. I am very pleased with the improved performance of this combo. I never tried each component individually, however i believe most of the gain came from the muffler. Both the fmf header and muffler have bigger diameter than stock, but the muffler is a significant gain over the stock or gytr outlet diameter. I feel the greatest impovement in perfomance between idle and about 2/3 throttle. The motor revs much easier in this range, an also seems to have added a few ponies, as it will loft the front end with far less effort. If you're on the fence about adding an exhaust, just save up some cash ($600) and shop for the best prices on ebay, or wherever you find parts. You won't be sorry. Don't let people discourage you with poor quality, or lack of workmanship. Just pick out a system that fits your needs, put it on, and don't look back.

+1 :bonk: definatley go with the full maga bomb system i got a used one from fleabay for my 2006 WR250F and it was a night and day difference. it was absolutley amazing the difference it made.

I would guess there are much bigger gains to be made on a WR than a YZ, especially with the muffler. Does anyone know if stock WR header pipes are the same as stock YZ ones?

I would guess there are much bigger gains to be made on a WR than a YZ, especially with the muffler. Does anyone know if stock WR header pipes are the same as stock YZ ones?

yea i guess i never thought of that, IMO the wr is a fairly tame bike from the factory.

Thanks for all the input but what difference do you guys think the Power Bomb header alone make ? As i said I've already got a GYTR tailpiece and am thinking of adding a "power bomb" type header, probably GYTR as well as i can get one at a good price.

I can not talk directly about the WR but I have been running the Megaomb headpipe with the stock muffler on my last 4 YZ250F's. When jetted correctly it makes a noticeable difference in low/mid power, jumping from my friends stock 250F you can feel the difference. Top end seems about the same and it actually seems to knock the sound down a couple decibels. I prefer short shifting and not running on the rev limiter and the megabomb fills in lower part of the power curve nicely. Another alternative for roughly the same money is doing the cams, little more work but I hear they will really wake the bike up.