2010 450 XCW throttle run on

Just picked up a 2010 450 XCW. Less than .5 hours of break in and I have noticed throttle run on like it's running too lean. (not all the time) Almost seems like there's a slow likage or a kinked cable. Anyone have a problem like this on new KTMs? This is my first new KTM since the early 90s. It would be nice to have an identified target for the problem before I go pulling things apart. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have you rejetted from the factory?They come real lean from the factory.Get a jd kit makes things alot eaiser.If you just want to ride it,go up 1 on the piolet and richen up the needle one clip.That will get it to run ok till you get a jet kit.

Not discounting the jetting sugestion but I bet you need more slack in the T cables

remove the close cable, it may be binding in the pulley

My 09 did that....raised the needle, turn FS just a bit and the hanging idle went away.

Thanks for the reply. It looks like it's the cable slack. It goes away when I mess with it so I'll pul the tank and loosen it up a bit. Thanks guys.

Definitely consider jetting also. They are very lean from the factory. Mine did that until I put in the JD Jetting kit. Now runs much better, with no hanging idle. Also runs cooler.

just bought the bike also and it does the same thing go to two turns out on the idle screw and move the clip up three positions, dirtrider covered this in their january issue.

just bought the bike also and it does the same thing go to two turns out on the idle screw and move the clip up three positions, dirtrider covered this in their january issue.

love that avatar of yours, i hate those red winged motorcycles :moon:

love that avatar of yours, i hate those red winged motorcycles :moon:

lol when i saw your avitr i deffinatley wasnt thinkin hondas lol.

so rejetting your bike even with stock stuff is recomended?

lol when i saw your avitr i deffinatley wasnt thinkin hondas lol.

so rejetting your bike even with stock stuff is recomended?

JD Jetkit is the way to go.

I'm having simular issues with my 2010 XCW along with other jetting issues. The factory replaced the carb, put the clip on the third position and it runs even worse than before. I am starting to belive the guys that KTM stands for Kant Take Much. Even tje factory who I've called and delt with can't seem to figure this out. See post 2010 XCW Idle issue and want me to just ride it and see if I can live with it.