Sign in to follow this  

wheelies

10-15' first gear only:moon:. 2nd cluthes about 5' once or twice :bonk:

the bug

I've never measured. I'm usually more concerned with getting the front wheel high enough to clear a log or whatever is in my way.

hmmm 1/4 mile maybe. Ive done just about a mile long wheelie while riding my 450 on a dry lake bed.

Maybe 10 feet on really good day. :bonk:

I was told by a friend who can wheelie for miles (55 mph on Route 1, Maine, crazy bast@rd), that if you didn't learn to do it when you were young and stupid, you probably wont be able to learn now either. :bonk:

I can wheelie my quad maybe 30 feet.

Mike -

ive never tried to go for distance but one stretch i wheelie all the time is about 1/4 mile. once you hit the balance point and its not windy its pretty easy to keep it up in any gear. 3rd gear stand ups are probably the most stable for distance.

I can't wheelie my DRZ too well (stock SM) but I've wheelied 450's for over a half mile, but that was 5 years ago. I just cruise on the DRZ. If it was modded up the front would be always in the air!

As far as I feel like. I usually don't go for miles because after a while there's no point, but get to the balance point and the Deezer will go on one wheel for as long as you care to.

As far as I feel like. I usually don't go for miles because after a while there's no point, but get to the balance point and the Deezer will go on one wheel for as long as you care to.

as long as you dont let it get too low in the revs:) ive had some issue going up hill in 4th, slowing down and bogging a bit. ever happen to you?

50m on a good day. I also suck.

Also, it depends how full my tank is. Sometimes it scares me how fast it comes up and I put it right back down. Other times I'm chasing it and don't go far at all.

I have never really measured how long.. But on my stock SM its as long as the road permits.. Which is not much around here.. Maybe slightly more than 1/4mile.. Usually its roundabouts that stop me.. My longest one was on the motorway!:bonk: I wheelied from 2nd to 5th gear. 125km/h on the speedo when i put the wheel back down coz of a roundabout! the nicest part was the faces of the drivers i the cars i overtake!:bonk: i must say.. im proud of it!:bonk:

Oh and im young and stupid too!

Till the rev limiter kicks in. If I start off in third the distance is decent I guess. I am not really a balance point stand up wheelie type of guy. That always seems to be a little bit desperate for attention. More of a sit down power wheelie guy with just enough lift to keep it up. With the way cops are these days I usually only pop em where I know there is zero chance of a meeting with the popo.

as long as you dont let it get too low in the revs:) ive had some issue going up hill in 4th, slowing down and bogging a bit. ever happen to you?

My biggest issue is going for distance with the knobbies! Trailwings? All day. A 140 sized XCMH? You can really feel those knobs starting to walk! :bonk:

i just power up in forth get to the balance point shift to 5th and 1/4 throtle as far as the road permits or if in dirt til the ruts catch the tire and freak me out.

another tarded 19 year old

rev limiter didnt know i had one on the drz i can wheelie as far as you want in first gear with stock gearing its all about low rpms and the rear brake