Sign in to follow this  

Scarov 2T Sectional Pipe

Picked this up the other day for a reasonable price, Its been used obviously with only a few very very minor dings, It's quite bright at the mo due to the dep 2 stroke pipe cleaner but after the ride is starting to get its colour back. Haven't had much of a chance to ride but first impressions are very good with Gnarly like Torque down low with a great mid and top by the feeling of it, haven't let it rip all the way up top yet but will certinaly do so when i get the chance somewhere to do it!! Real happy with it so far and it looks so trick you wouldn't believe! :bonk:

Phoonepics006.jpg

Phoonepics008.jpg

Phoonepics010.jpg

What have you done with the front wheel???

Tires shot so i switched it over, i usually use the gold set for racing and the stock for practice, also have a 2nd rear 18 talon wheel with a permanent trials tire on :bonk:

that's an odd looking angle coming back to the silencer. :bonk:

Didn't really notice it on the bike? Athough it is a different shape to the stock pipe round the front as my oem carbon cover won't fit the scarov pipe, luckily it came with a custom one and a pro circuit 304 tail pipe!

Thats a serious pipe!:bonk:

I haven't seen a hand built pipe like that since the early 80's. I think it was Krause?????:bonk:

Thats a serious pipe!:bonk:

I haven't seen a hand built pipe like that since the early 80's. I think it was Krause?????:bonk:

Its made by Scarov in italy, all hand built to order! I was very lucky to get it. It's had a hard life though but is in pretty good shape i'l try and get some better pics soon.

I would like a better shot of the right hand side and the stinger section, thanks

I would like a better shot of the right hand side and the stinger section, thanks

I'l see what i can do!

Now you'll see the dings and damage!

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Nice picture.

Looks like a really shallow baffle cone (not steep angle).

This usually results in a broad powerband... in trade for absolute peak power...

Usually pipes with a shallower cone (as oppossed to steeper cone) have a tad more mid and a tad longer over rev with less outright power. They also usually turn faster laps because the power is longer!

Notice the header (or exit from cylinder as I am calling it header) is production maybe from a stock pipe or something! Easier to make then make their own! (Probably more cost effective then building it time wise too.)

Notice the header (or exit from cylinder as I am calling it header) is production maybe from a stock pipe or something! Easier to make then make their own! (Probably more cost effective then building it time wise too.)

I did notice that. Looks like they have spun it a tad also as they have had to re-weld (braze) the spring loops on again.

Interesting. I could copy that if I had a spare day and the pipe of course.

The header is similar to stock, not identical but must be very similar to most aftermarket pipes i should think, the pipe is a production peice and not a one off so i would imagine they'd make their own in house?

Looks sweet. My cone pipe is the same in that the first section is a formed part much like standard and any other manufacturer. I don't think they cut them off other exhausts as they are a huge manufacturer in Europe. I've got the Scarov tail pipe on the wall. Will have to meet up one day as your only just up the road. Perhaps do a mass pipe shootout. I just sold my PC shorty as well !!!!!!

Looks sweet. My cone pipe is the same in that the first section is a formed part much like standard and any other manufacturer. I don't think they cut them off other exhausts as they are a huge manufacturer in Europe. I've got the Scarov tail pipe on the wall. Will have to meet up one day as your only just up the road. Perhaps do a mass pipe shootout. I just sold my PC shorty as well !!!!!!

Where exactly are you in the u.k m8? Didn't i see you have a Scarov front pipe in you garage once? How did you like it?

How does it compare to the HGS?

Haven't rode it enough to make a proper comparison, but it seems to have a little more low and maybe mid, haven't really let it rip yet but im thinking it probably wont have the top and overun of the hgs, it's a tough decision on which one to run (will probably change due to conditions and type of event) but im not complaning about the situation i find myself in! :bonk: Also the oem front is very good so i think i've gotten my pipe fix for now although there is a pc works pipe on ebay at the mo! The biggest thing i regret about the hgs is not getting it chrome plated like we discussed when i first got it! Couldn't wait to fit her and let rip! :bonk: The hgs does rust with even a hint of moisture in the air! ridden the scarov in the wet and cleaned it off with no rust, makes me wonder if their stainless? would be nice considering the rediculous price tag!

PM sent. The PC is a good fun top end revver. You change to something different and prefer the new pipe, then return to the PC just for a laugh. It's good on wide open tracks and sometimes the softer low end response helps a bit. Still got mine on the wall along with a "few" cough cough others.