Sign in to follow this  

Dead Pig

While I was out riding in the hills at Carnegie OHV Park on Saturday I couldn't resist taking this photo:

DeadPig.jpg

You might have to click on the photo to see that the trail name is Dead Pig.

The bike is running a bit rich in the mid-range when it gets up above about 1000 feet in altitude, so I'll need to finally open up the carburetor and find out what the previous owner did to it. I'll either make it match exactly with Dave's Mod, or just drop the needle a notch or two. Then I'll have to go back there and run it up and down a bunch more hills to check it out. :bonk:

• Like 1

:bonk: Nice I was just up there last week Friday. We should coordinate an XR dual sport to hill climb ride. :bonk:

Carnegie.jpg

• Like 1

That looks like fun, shoot me a pm before ya go next time, i'll ride out. OR ya'all can come over the hill and i'll show ya some really sweet dirt roads in the SC mtns, connected by twisties of course!

Both of you are on barf too, yeah?

Edited by sebastacruz
drrrrrr

I had advertised the ride on four different forums, but didn't think there would be enough Bay Area XRL owners on this on to list it here. The ride ended up being just me and a riding buddy that I've been riding with for years.

People keep saying that they would like to participate in dual sport rides, but when it comes down to it, nobody wants to actually commit.

If you guys would like to pick a Saturday in November or early December when you can come along, I'll schedule the ride and do the advertising on the other forums. I figure that once I can get at least half a dozen regulars we can start doing interesting rides on a regular basis.

I had advertised the ride on four different forums, but didn't think there would be enough Bay Area XRL owners on this on to list it here. The ride ended up being just me and a riding buddy that I've been riding with for years.

If you guys would like to pick a Saturday in November or early December when you can come along, I'll schedule the ride and do the advertising on the other forums. I figure that once I can get at least half a dozen regulars we can start doing interesting rides on a regular basis.

There are definitly a few regulars around who gather up for rides, not so many XRL owners though. Guess the newer bikes are the way to go.

I have a way of breaking my pig on a regular basis, but as long as she's running I'm always down for a fun DS ride. PM the dates you're thinking about. :bonk:

That looks like fun, shoot me a pm before ya go next time, i'll ride out. OR ya'all can come over the hill and i'll show ya some really sweet dirt roads in the SC mtns, connected by twisties of course!

Both of you are on barf too, yeah?

Yep I'm on BARF too, same screen name. :bonk:

guess i gotta keep my eyes peeled on barf then:bonk:

we ride weekly, usually monday and wednesday, always on weekends. 'Bout 4 regulars and various stragglers from time to time, all dual-sport/sumo.:bonk:

this kind of looks like an ADV thread I saw. hope we don't see any fat naked chicks pop up here.