Sign in to follow this  

'06 RM125 w/144 Kit need pipe?

We put in the Eric Gorr 144 kit on this bike and are currently running the stock pipe with a PC spark arrestor silencer for the desert......altho my son rarely rides the desert. What type of gains would we see if we put an aftermarket pipe/silencer combo on there. What about getting a pipe and using the PC SA silencer?

You can expect gains across the board with PC platinum pipe or works pipe. The whole power range will become broader with the most noticeable gains being in the low to mid range, but you will gain alot on top as well.

mihylo is correct. Im not sure if the jetting specs from PC website would be the same as they are probably menat for 125, not a 144 so you might have to call them or call eric gorr and see what they suggest. I have a PC pipe and 304 on my 06 rm 144 and it goes pretty good. I recieved the stock pipe + silencer on the bike when i got it, but previous owner had a brand new pipe silencer he gave with it so i just swapped them out. I dont recall what jets i put into it though(i knew i should of written it down). As far as pipes go, i've heard that the DEP pipe is the way to go on the 144, but thats only what i've HEARD, i've not personally ridden one with a DEP so i can't personally compare the two.

No problem.

Throw a Radvalve in there and jet the girl fat and she will sing:thumbsup:

mihylo, how much of a difference will a set of vforce reeds make on my 144. im currently running the stock ones, but they probably only have a few hours left in them.

mihylo, how much of a difference will a set of vforce reeds make on my 144. im currently running the stock ones, but they probably only have a few hours left in them.

We put Vforce reeds on ours and it made a big difference.

Apparently they're well worth the money, my buddy has a Kx250 and bought a set of Vforce reeds for it and he said there was an amazing diffence. I'm sure you'd get the same results with your 144.

I have the V-force3's but I think I would recommend the Radvalve. Someone on here did a shoot out and while they were both good, the rad valve was better.

I just bought a RM with the eric gore kit and it has a DEP pipe on it.

Seems to work well.