Sign in to follow this  

Denver HS

I doubt I am going to be there. Ribs still fubared. I may make it out to watch the races and help Paul out with the fuel booth.

I doubt I am going to be there. Ribs still fubared. I may make it out to watch the races and help Paul out with the fuel booth.

Sorry to hear about your ribs Dover. How long do the docs give you before you're up and riding?

Dover, hope to at least see ya there! It takes awhile for those to heal. I know I wouldn't want to risk it.

Mark, check your points and move up for this race or at least for the last race.

From reading the NC website, looks like we are going to have a good track. There are lots of good trails over there that we haven't run in awhile so it should be good.

My goal this time is to better my overall finish. I don't think I have anything for anyone else in my class. :bonk:

I will be there unless it is a muddy hell hole like it was a few months ago. This is the same facility that they used for the denver race a few months ago, isn't it?

it's already been said that we won't be running most of the stuff we ran last time. They have other trails that haven't been run a long time. He is grooming what we ran and allowing them to heal.

The dr's have said 4-6 weeks I am thinking more like 2-3 weeks. If I am feeling better later in the week i will be there. ITS KILLING me not riding even though it hurts to just walk down stairs. I do have to get me another chest protector before I race again !

its kinda funny, ( not really ) that before the CAW race, I asked Dover why he didn't have a chest protector on and he said he didn't need one! DOH..... :bonk: I feel naked without mine on

its kinda funny, ( not really ) that before the CAW race, I asked Dover why he didn't have a chest protector on and he said he didn't need one! DOH..... :bonk: I feel naked without mine on
a chest protector wouldn't have done shit as they are open on the side where I broke ribs. I never said I don't need one I just said I don't wear one. Chest protectors are just for Roost protection not for protecting your internals from a crash. But with that said I will be wearing one again after taking roost to the nipple and now have a nipple that is missing a chunk o meat and having my wife make fun of my "funny looking nipple" :bonk:
  • Like 1

Alas guys...I'm out for the Denver race. :bonk:

Read my post in the Little Dover thread...I re-injured my back at Brushy II with an endo crash.:bonk:

Ron & Mark...great vids guys! Keep 'em coming...it's the only way I can experience the courses!

Dover...I feel ya bro! Sucks to be injured...I'm hating the stairs in my house these days as well.:bonk:

Cheers fellas.:bonk:

-Jay

I do have to get me another chest protector before I race again !

i usually wear a chest protector most of the time , but there has been times where I didnt. After I read about Watts getting hurt I put my back plate on my protector. I have been wearing it every ride for the past 3 weeks or so. Today I took a nasty spill going down a steep hill and flipped the bike end over end a few times. The wreck didnt really hurt to bad but the bike slamming into me as I was on the ground did!! If I wouldnt have been wearing my protector I would have definitely had some more cuts, bruises ,and probably some more series injuries. I doubt you will see me without it on ever again!

Same here, there have been times when I didn't wear mine. Mainly because I forgot it and it was back in the garage! I even started wearing the cheapy EVS elbow pads. Greg, question, what do you mean back plate? Is that something that attaches to the chest protector?

its the back piece of the protector.. i use the thor sentinel which allows you to take the back plate off . you cant do that with a regular chest protector.

I figure the chest protector can only help in the event of a crash. I do have ghetto gear... cheap boots, cheap knee pads, cheap chest protector, cheap gloves, no elbow pads, no neck brace, no other special gear.... So I am asking for it already, but I do wear what I got every time.

I am very excited about Denver, looks like it might be a little slick there, but thats fine, I had a good time there last time in the mud.

I am ready for this race! keepin an eye on the sky, though.

As far as chest protectors, I feel like a turtle without a shell without it. I worry as much about being impelled as anything.

neck protection is next on my list.