Best 250 four stroke!? help!

I want to buy a 250 four stroke soon and all i get is "honda is best" or "honda's valves suck" or yamaha is just plain and crap, the list goes on for every brand. Anyway the 2 bikes that catch my attention are Suzuki and Honda. Suzuki mainly because it just looks amazing with the Maikta graphics and stuff and the honda with the geico graphics.

What's the most realiable, amazing handling and wont cost a fortune?

Thanks.

Hey...I can answer your question based on what i heard throughout the years about the bikes. Ive only owned kx250f's but i currently own a crf450r so im not biased on any brand. Yamahas are known to be the most reliable and have the best suspension but supposedly have a more mellow powerband. Kawasakis have good motors(powerful) and are all around pretty good but have weak front brakes. Suzukis are the best handling. Hondas are an all around great package but are said to have valve problems mainly on older bikes. Like i said im going from what i have heard from various people so nobody bash me or give me bad gas. I think you cant go wrong with any brand 06 and up except for suzuki would be 07 an up. Whichever one you pick you should like and you can modify any bike to your likings. Hope i helped! good luck with your choice.

So i think my choices are narrowed down to a Yamaha and Kawasaki, cause i don't want a Honda and it eats valves like theres no tommorrow! So can you help me on which to choose? cause i need all the help i can get. Do you have AIM or yahoo or something, only give me it if you dont mind me asking a trillion questiions. Thanks for the answer!

yz250f ! Hands Down You love it i , guarantee it

Please people don't bash on other bikes just based on what you've heard or read. I have an 07 CRF250 and have not had one single valve problem period, no bs, starts first-second kick every time out. I was the same way, scared to go red based on what I have seen and heard, but got a good deal and haven't regretted it since. I just can't stand to see people in these forums that are bashing certain models and brands based on what they have read, heard, or seen their goon ass buddies experience. I've went from KTM to Yamaha to Honda and can say that each one has its good and not so good traits, nothing terribly bad. Never had one major mechanical problem with any of the brands, and yes I do run the dog **** out of them, just have always kept the maintenance up. It really depends on what your looking for in a bike, for a beginner level rider any of the brands stock is just fine.

Well I was hoping to get a 2006 as I'm still young and not a full time worker but work and get money to last, Are the '06 good bikes?

If anyone has AIM, MSN, or Yahoo. Tell me if you don't mind helping me out, thanks!.

Man this thread could go on forever. I'm over 6', I ride the kx250f cause it has plenty of room, the suzuki isnt far off. Unless you ride to the bikes full potential which alot of people dont do, just pick your color.

Every manufacturer builds a great 250 right now. You need to narrow it down to which bike works best for you. It sounds like looks are important, no problem, buy the best looking bike and you'll be happy. Every bike has problems occasionally but if you do your maintenance you'll be fine. There are so many aftermarket parts for every bike now that you will be able to make any changes you want to make the bike a better fit for you.

don't want to spend your time repairing and intead riding?= 2006-09 yz250f.

Please people don't bash on other bikes just based on what you've heard or read. I have an 07 CRF250 and have not had one single valve problem period, no bs, starts first-second kick every time out. I was the same way, scared to go red based on what I have seen and heard, but got a good deal and haven't regretted it since. I just can't stand to see people in these forums that are bashing certain models and brands based on what they have read, heard, or seen their goon ass buddies experience. I've went from KTM to Yamaha to Honda and can say that each one has its good and not so good traits, nothing terribly bad. Never had one major mechanical problem with any of the brands, and yes I do run the dog **** out of them, just have always kept the maintenance up. It really depends on what your looking for in a bike, for a beginner level rider any of the brands stock is just fine.

Hey. I was not bashing i was just saying what i've heard. All bikes are great and if you treat them right they will treat you right. I have nothing against any brands. Your probably thinking im biased on kawi because of my name but im not. lol I currently ride a 2007 Honda crf450r and it is bada$$. I was just telling the original poster some of the rumors out there on some of the 250's. Anyway i just wanted to say i wasnt bashing no brands and riding is riding so who cares what color your bike is. And to the OP like i said before get whatever bike you can find in your price range thats in the best condition. Also put into consideration how easy/hard it is to get parts for the brand you choose depending on where you live. Hope this helps. :bonk:

Hey. I was not bashing i was just saying what i've heard. All bikes are great and if you treat them right they will treat you right. I have nothing against any brands. Your probably thinking im biased on kawi because of my name but im not. lol I currently ride a 2007 Honda crf450r and it is bada$$. I was just telling the original poster some of the rumors out there on some of the 250's. Anyway i just wanted to say i wasnt bashing no brands and riding is riding so who cares what color your bike is. And to the OP like i said before get whatever bike you can find in your price range thats in the best condition. Also put into consideration how easy/hard it is to get parts for the brand you choose depending on where you live. Hope this helps. :bonk:

Sorry, didn't mean you, was directed towards the originator who was talking about the "valve problems". Good info you posted, totally agree and most seem to be in agreement that if you are a person that is more concerned with looks it seems for your basis, then you probably won't be the type to notice a big difference in performance, not being rude by saying that. Any bike is good, take care of it, and just as the other guy said you can buy most all aftermarket parts to fit the bike to your specific needs, and excellent comment on spare parts availability as well. 06 would be pretty tough to buy new, I have seen some 07's left in my area for around 3700-4200 otd though. Depends on how you are wanting to purchase.

Just a side note, does everyone else agree that the prices on not only bikes, but also gear,parts, etc. getting way out of hand? It is actually putting some folks I am used to riding with totally out of the game. Damn shame....

Well I'm looking around for a 2006 RMZ250, and I hope it's mostly stock, but a good price between 2k - 3k. If it has like an aftermarket pipe or that it's fine but if it's tricked out then that's a defo no.

yz250f ! Hands Down You love it

I'd go with the CRF or KXF if your experienced else I'd go with the RMZ.

Basically pick a color or base your choice on emotion. They are all good. Honda out sells others 2:1 so more Hondas mean more reported problems.

A local shop sells Honda and Kawasaki and they say they see the same ratio of valve problems between red and green. Mostly on older bikes with both models though.

19 Honda shops in Phx and there is like 5 Kawi and 2 Zook. more Honda problems in raw numbers, yeah you bet, more bikes. A a percentage nah I doubt it anymore.

If you get a Hionda seal the airbox. It was redesigned on the new models. :bonk:

My son (19 last week) has had/ raced each of the 250F but the sxf. He said the honda didn't trun or jump like he wanted. The KXF suspension beat him up. The YZF was lacking some power and the RMZ sat a little lower. It also turned better than any and it was needing a little more on top... He's now on a RMZ 290 and kills the 450's in the tight trees....

reliability yamaha , looking cool kawi

Here's the problem with your question. Everyone has their point of view and bias. How about determining where you are going to ride and what? MX = tight track, long track, rough track, hilly track? Talk to the riders who do well at the track you are going ride at. Does the track favor a tight turning bike (tight track), a stable bike (rough w/ whoops), a top-end bike (hills & long straights) etc. Watch the races at the track(s) you will be riding at your class. Talk to those riders, not everyone with an opinion.

X2.. never had a premature valve failure

I'd go with the CRF or KXF if your experienced else I'd go with the RMZ.

Basically pick a color or base your choice on emotion. They are all good. Honda out sells others 2:1 so more Hondas mean more reported problems.

A local shop sells Honda and Kawasaki and they say they see the same ratio of valve problems between red and green. Mostly on older bikes with both models though.

19 Honda shops in Phx and there is like 5 Kawi and 2 Zook. more Honda problems in raw numbers, yeah you bet, more bikes. A a percentage nah I doubt it anymore.

If you get a Hionda seal the airbox. It was redesigned on the new models. :bonk:

let me guess north valleys? i used to be in there all the time and heard the same

X2.. never had a premature valve failure

key word in that sentence