SnowHawk.. the king of single skis...

Cool a new forum to get our off season snow fix...

The snowbike conversions are a blast.. Huge props to 2Moto for bringing them to market.. they are the original and top preforming snowbike.

for me I needed a bit more.. after a few years I found the snowhawk to be just that.. an awesome machine, but unfortunately hampered by poor business decisions/lack of support by the brand.. lets see Polaris or Yamaha pick up this single ski concept..

I just looked up te 2moto ski conversion, wow that is awesome. It looks like so much fun. Do you know how much the run?

And i agree with the single ski sleds. Im really surprised no big compaines picked that up

I second that. I am looking at the 2moto system but the snowhawk 800 looks more the ticket. I hope this market starts to grow, living where I do winter 50% of the year and these seem a wicked alternative to sleds.

The Radix is reg $5500 in Edmonton (Canada), so I bet round $3500 down south.

First there was some folks near Spokane Wa., a Triumph dealer who created a track system and front ski to fasten to their bikes. Known as the Shrew snow bike kit, came out in the late sixties, early seventies.

SnowCycle.jpg

There was a mail order kit sold to turn your early Honda Trail 90 into a rear tracked bike, just did'nt take off.

A few years ago Attrax sold a track and boggie assembly that wraped arround our rear wheel and gave a little flotation by extending behind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpIFb0_exf4

Unbeknowingst to many a HP executive and a motorcycle enthusiest both in Idaho were busy developing a new Shrew. Their companies possibly started as a team or one. www.2moto.com , and Snoxcycle.

http://www.youtube.com/user/2Moto?blend=2&ob=1#p/a

In 1996 AD Boivin manufacturing a snowmobile suspension company started working towards a single ski bike like snowmobile, the Snow Hawk, Rotax powered and Ski-Doo drivetrain, marketed and sold from 2002-2008.

In 2009 they also created a motorcycle conversion known as the Explorer, this is now their focus.

www.adboivin.com

I bought my first Snow Hawk new in 2003 from a multi line motorcycle dealer to replace the snowmobiles I had owned since 1998, a motorcyclist first I never got over their quad effect. I can't look back, first I did my damdest to get AD B to realize their potential, but their arrogance just pushed them back to the explorer, all though it is still going to grow the Oneski market. In my region alone there was first a small hand full of us Hawkers, now we have grown to over fifty of the twelve hundred machines ever produced. Others are rekindling the fire with our help.

The problem is this, once you get the reluctent motorcyclist to try motorized snow sports, Twoskis or One they discover their new addiction to power and can never have enough.

The battle between them now is that there are too few players and a huge demand the motorcycle consumer don't even know they have.

The sollution is obvious, a single ski snowmobile produced by all the flavors as a motorcycle is to a quad!

I just traded in the proof!

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/snowhawkaddict/PIC_0432.jpg

The customer told me he originally purchased a Hawk when they first were available in 02', sold it and went on to a more powerfull Twoski till his child was old enough to ride his own snow bike, it just was not enough to keep up with dads addiction, now the kids got his.

Edited by Snowhawkaddict
2Moto pic.
I second that. I am looking at the 2moto system but the snowhawk 800 looks more the ticket. I hope this market starts to grow, living where I do winter 50% of the year and these seem a wicked alternative to sleds.

The Radix is reg $5500 in Edmonton (Canada), so I bet round $3500 down south.

I think your number is closer to the AD Boivin version.

Edited by Snowhawkaddict

Did AD B finally cash it in? Too bad if they did.

Addict, did you get a Radix?

Yes by the way I did, maybe two, was the best thing I could have done, bringing it to the Washington State Snowmobile Expo on Sat/Sun.

Only the first time visitors who hadn't yet taken the time to view our movie playing asked, "Why would someone trade this for a Snow Hawk?"

The repeat or recognizable folks saw the answer on the screen.:bonk:

We name it Hawk Fest for a reason, everybody, bikes, and Twoskis are welcome.

AD Boivin, just like BRP have been stimulated by their fellow tax payers for a long time. Why else would someone build a Can-Am Spyder?

Now if they just bring back those killer two wheelers from the early eighties!:bonk:

Did AD B finally cash it in? Too bad if they did.

Personally I feel its a marketing ploy to limit the availability and increase demand.. Us here in the NW are doing more with the Hawk then they ever did.. Lots of mod builds going on and talk of a co op to build new machines..

The guys in Quebec have no idea/and or care of what we need and want..

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602760&highlight=

You have chimed in on many forums I have found, you flew to Nampa, included pics, typed paragraphs upon paragraph raving about how great

they are. You have a place in Clelum Wa. where you could pretty much ride out your door, what gives?

Sell the Twoski for what someone will give, putt one on a bike and never look back. Your friends can't follow if you don't start leading!

There's another guy with a similar MO on here, Fittness for life, he did the same talk, talk for the Explorer rep. at Stampede Pass.:bonk:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758173&highlight=ad+boivin

I'm not bagging on you as much as you may think, I'm just telling you if you don't hurry up, you may get too old to remember how much fun you claimed it was, you should have come to Hawk Fest, it is!:bonk:

Edited by Snowhawkaddict
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602760&highlight=

You have chimed in on many forums I have found, you flew to Nampa, included pics, typed paragraphs upon paragraph raving about how great

they are. You have a place in Clelum Wa. where you could pretty much ride out your door, what gives?

Sell the Twoski for what someone will give, putt one on a bike and never look back. Your friends can't follow if you don't start leading!

There's another guy with a similar MO on here, Fittness for life, he did the same talk, talk for the Explorer rep. at Stampede Pass.:lol:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758173&highlight=ad+boivin

I'm not bagging on you as much as you may think, I'm just telling you if you don't hurry up, you may get too old to remember how much fun you claimed it was, you should have come to Hawk Fest, it is!:bonk:

:bonk::bonk:

You have no idea how BAD I want one!!! Unfortunately, life (and a lack of funds) gets in the way sometimes. This summer I contemplated buying 2Moto's demo FE650 with a demo Radix kit for $6k, but I would have had to sell every bike I owned to get it. I didn't think it was the right move at that point.

It will come, but I need to cover other bases first, such as finding a job after losing mine 8 months ago. I can be patient and drool in the meantime. :lol:

BTW, I don't own a sled now. I rode for a long time, but I got out of it years ago when I started dirt riding hard. I'm just like you -- too much like a quad. That's why the 2Moto gets me going so much. :bonk:

deleted.. Im starting to sound like addict...

Edited by off road rider
deleted.. Im starting to sound like addict...

I think your talkin about that douchebag on Snowest.

I still want to get them to come to Hawk Fest though, you know they will have as good a time as you did last year.:bonk:

I still want to get them to come to Hawk Fest though, you know they will have as good a time as you did last year.:bonk:

We are liking the new version!!

at least he realizes it now :bonk:

Maybe he's of a different mindset.:bonk:

591.jpg

Just had to build a foundation that woud'nt crumble over there.

I'm a 2moto guy from Maple Ridge, BC. I'm looking forward to the snow and getting out with some other snobike riders this winter.

Last winter was a blast, and now the local dealership (International Motorsports) in delta, BC has fully committed to selling the 2moto product and has a demo bike available all winter.

Can't wait! If you guys from south of the line ever want to come up for a weekend let me know! We've got great terrain just north of the Fraser Valley, as close as Burke Mtn in Coquitlam. Brohm Ridge just north of Squamish gets lots of snow, but the terrain is too wide open for my liking. The coquihalla area is darn good, gets lots of snow, but it's a bit of a hike, about 1.5hrs to the summit from my place. I'm spoiled, with the mountains right behind my place I'm praying for a low snow line this year.