Looking for mentor. North west Indiana Chicago area

Well I want to learn. I need some one to help me guide me with hands on teaching. I can read and I can service my suspension. How err when it comes down to valving I'm getting confused. is anyone willing to help me with theory and how to and fie tuning valving?

Anyone willing to hold my hand and tech me the last bit of mystery on my bike I don't know.

I can supply beer & food.

Thanks.

See I know I can do that how ever this is a comunity based forum. There are people here who like to tech and who like to meet new people to ride with. I'm sure there is someone who is willing to teach me for the fact of gaining a new friend/riding buddy and to share thier knoledge.

The world doesn't revolve around pure profits. Not to mention generaly those seminars are just that seminar with a brief intro a few demostrations and then the boot out the door.

Sorry I've done the seminars and they generaly are overpriced and leave one with more questions then before taking the seminar.

So. You are out there to make money I am not.

I am willing to tech people on how to rebuild thier motors for free if some one wants to learn. So why can't I learn also with out paying an arm and a leg.

That is why I am asking here. If I wanted to pay I will pay and get what I seek. But I want to meet some one like me who wants to do his own stuff and meet new people who like the same thing.

If you search enough on this site..there is plenty of info to tell you everything you want to know...

The dogger thread in the crf450 forum is a good start.

The problem is many tuners or builder or whatever they wished to be called earned and "learned" their knowledge from hard work and self reliance.

Trial by fire is often the best and quickest way to determine the best end goal.

So dive in..and make changes. Record it in detailed notes...and quickly you should be able to make a correlation between certain changes and specific results.

I think this forum is very open to individuals who show they are trying. It is not very open to individuals who ask for the answer without having shown they are trying!

Gaining the knowledge a tuner has from plain field experience is something I DONT think can be taught

The world doesn't revolve around pure profits. :bonk:

Not to mention generaly those seminars are just that seminar with a brief intro a few demostrations and then the boot out the door.

Sorry I've done the seminars and they generaly are overpriced and leave one with more questions then before taking the seminar.

So. You are out there to make money I am not.

I am willing to tech people on how to rebuild thier motors for free if some one wants to learn. So why can't I learn also with out paying an arm and a leg.

Do you rebuild motors as a profession? If so, you already know the answer to your question. Besides, the seminars may be too breif, in your opinion, but there's also realtionships that can be built there.

That is why I am asking here. If I wanted to pay I will pay and get what I seek. But I want to meet some one like me who wants to do his own stuff and meet new people who like the same thing.

Well, there's a very good chance that you'll find someone like that on this board. Far be it for me to tell you otherwise. :bonk: