Sign in to follow this  

New Vehicle Advice

My 95' Grand Cherokee has finally bit the dust. The chain in the transfer case has been rubbing against the outside of the transfer case and has made a massive hole. I tried to patch it up with JB weld but it is not holding, and the car is still leaking fluid. So instead of getting a new transfer case we are going to donate or sell the current Jeep. Now is the fun part for me, I need to decide what car to replace it with. I have been looking at the 05' Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L Hemi. I want something that is 4x4 and can tow my two jet skis. I also like the GC because it is pretty quick (0-60 in 7 seconds).

Is there any reason I should sway away from this decision? I know it won't be too great on gas but my current Grand Cherokee isn't either. Any other vehicles worth looking at? I have about 10 grand to spend, although could go higher.

My cousin had that same vehicle, and was never so happy as to find some poor sucker to take it in on trade.

He had repeated problems with the heater blend system, and constant ongoing wiring and ECM issues.

And you're right, fuel will go glug, glug, glug. May as well get the truck with the Hemi.

The truck isn't as fast and an SUV is convenient for my needs. The main thing I heard was bad was the transmissions, but I also heard about a recall in them, so maybe that is what those were from.

My brother in law had one for a 3 year lease and had no issues during that time frame. He is a hard driver and used it for some 4 wheelin. Recommend a good look over by someone who knows Jeeps well. Good luck.