radiator protection

After dumping my bike in a nasty rut and bending my left side radiator back a couple inches and tearing back my shroud, I'm looking for a good way to protect my radiator in the future. I was able to push it back out and everything runs fine, just a bit twisted, but I want to make sure this doesn't happen again or even worse have it bust open and dump out my coolant. So I was wondering what the best guard would be to install or brace (or maybe both?). Any suggestions would be helpful and reviews on any products. So far I hear that Flatlands Racing has the best.

What bike?

My bike is an 07 KLX 300.

Look up unabiker guards. Not sure if they sell them for the klx 300. They do sell em for the klx 250s, likely that they same guards will fit the klx 300. Nice gurards fully surround radiator and brace it to the frame.

Dan

Look up unabiker guards. Not sure if they sell them for the klx 300. They do sell em for the klx 250s, likely that they same guards will fit the klx 300. Nice gurards fully surround radiator and brace it to the frame.

Dan

Wow!...at first glance I thought those Unabiker guards were just a fancy roost/rock armor for the frontal radiator core, but they sound like they have some substantial bracing for side impacts. Sounds impressive. I wish they had supplied some better pics of the bracing elements.

Yea, the unabiker guards are great. I also tweaked my radiator before I had guards, which made the install a bit interesting. Got em on though, and love the knowledge that it will take an intense crash to even phase my radiators now.

Unibiker the way to go, unless you are a Madd Maxx

Unabiker! I saw a video of NoBrakes running into a branch that would have killed the radiator.

I ordered my gaurd the next day. it provides great protection and really stiffens up the whole thing.

IM000221.jpg

:smirk:

My bike is an 07 KLX 300.

I have one of those too. I would like to know what fits it. I have not been able to find a listing for it from any rad. guard maker.

torch

Thanks for all the posts. Now I just need to find a way to completely straighten out my radiator before I put anything on it.

And Torch, I've been told by a Kawi dealer that the KLX 250 and 300 have interchangeable parts. I guess aside from the engine they're kind of the same bike.

I used guards from a KDX. They didn't fit exactly. I had to re-drill some holes, but once I did that, they worked perfectly.