Sign in to follow this  

Where does the internet hide husky txc 250 clutches?

I've literally spent over 5 hours searching every known husqvarna site for stock or aftermarket husqvarna clutches online. Can somebody please assist me in finding a NEW 2008 husqvarna txc 250 clutch kit. Mine doesn't pull under heavy throttle and instead of possibly replacing the spring i want to just replace it all with a kit. Just no auto clutches thanks!

I have also heard of people using slipper clutches like the ones used for road racing and supermoto in their dirt/MX bikes. Rumor has it Chad Reid swears by running a slipper instead of a traditional clutch. They are big $$ though. Here is a link to one for your bike as long as someone can confirm that the clutches for the 450/510 are the same as the 250/310:

http://www.motostrano.com/adslcl.html

Alright i messaged thumpertalk and am waiting for a reply. Halls Husqvarna... is there a website? (i live near toronto btw). My last option would be the expensive slipper clutches, just cant find one thats made for a 250. Hopefully someone confirms whether the 450/510 will work. thanks guys for the help so far.

Alright i messaged thumpertalk and am waiting for a reply. Halls Husqvarna... is there a website? (i live near toronto btw). My last option would be the expensive slipper clutches, just cant find one thats made for a 250. Hopefully someone confirms whether the 450/510 will work. thanks guys for the help so far.

https://www.halls-cycles.com

(217)789-0107

yep Halls- and I am not aware of any aftermarket company

Based on the Parts Fiche: the 250 has a separate clutch pack than the 450/510

8000A0611 CLUTCH PACK 250 4ST $157.99

8000A0730 CLUTCH SPRING $2.99 /per you need 6

I would inspect it first- check minimum specs- I don't have that info available to me right now...

Alright thanks alot guys. Ill check it out with the manual and repair manual to see what is worn and needs replacing.

I opened up the clutch last night and the springs are at about 39 mm and the basket had grooves in it :bonk: Should i file the grooves out lightly and put some metal washers with the springs, 2 mm ones? book says 41 mm stock 39 mm wear limit. New plates and springs will run me over 200$... what do u think? Thanks guys.

check the lining disks thickness: .118" or 2.997mm (new) and .114" or 2.896mm (min thickness) if they are out of spec you have to replace- to bad you can't just buy the ones that are out of spec- maybe a dealer would sell just the ones you need? never know... I was suprised to see them only sell the whole pack in the fiche.

inspect the plates for warping and scorring (I did not find a min spec on the plates)

you could use washers/ or just get new springs- 6$per (maybe try just 4 new and 2 old)

the basket grooves shouldn't cause slipping- would be grabby(not smooth)- hopefully the grooves are just marked and not deep- I would not file it but but depends on how deep they are. That would increase the min lateral spacing of the slots ( should not be .6mm or more). Sounds like they arent causing a problem.. yet

Alright thanks man. I'm heading to home depo today to get some washers (2mm) see if i can temp fix this for the winter then next year buy some plates and springs. The basket is not grooved, the internal aluminum piece is grooved where the metal plates lock into. Don't know what its called. Do i need a new one? Ill let u know how the washers go. the ones i put in were 4 mm and the clutch is stuck engaged lol

the internal aluminum piece is grooved where the metal plates lock into. Don't know what its called.

Called a clutch center hub, should not be a big issue.

Rather than tossing the clutch just take it apart, wash it, seperate the lined discs from the unlined (intermediate). Then stack the intermediates in a group and check for gaps. A gap is a sign that one is warped, commonly one or two intermediates may be warped but rarley the set, replace any that are warped

Next with course sandpaper (80 grit is fine) and a wood block vigorusly block sand both side of the intermediates!

Then with something a bit finer, 220 as an example sightly block sand the lined discs.

Wash, soak in oil, the same oil your going to run, reassemble, make certain you do not run the oil level too high!

Ill try 2 mm washers and then your fix dave. I didnt see any gaps so maybe there glazed. ill try the sanding and hopefully save myself 250$. Thanks for the adive man.

Thanks HuskyRips. The washers didnt work the hole in the middle of them were a bit too small and almost ****ed up the hub. gunna buy springs if they dont work cluthc plates thanks alot guys ill be good from here on.