What Did You Do To Your KTM Today?

What did you do to your KTM today?

This has always been a great thread on the drz forums so I figured id try it out here. Just post what you did on your KTM, it can be anything Riding, maintenance...ext

So ill start.

Today when i left work i headed towards my usual freeway onramp and was faced with miles upon miles of parking lot traffic. So I decided to go the the other way. (theres always another way). On the way home i realized i would be driving right by the Scotts Performance shop in montrose,ca. I have wanted a Scotts steering stabilizer on my KTM 530 EXC for a long time now so i made a quick decision to go in there and buy the stabilizer. I already had the mount. The cable guide is made by cleanspeed engineering and its made of plastic not metal like i thought it was when i ordered it. Still cool.

Cant wait to ride it to see if it performs as well as everyone says.

0BikeStabilizer.jpg

012BikeStabilizer.jpg

04BikeStabilizer.jpg

07BikeStabilizer.jpg

Edited by NismoMobber

I plugged in my battery tender...........we're proofing the day 1 toute for LA-B-to-Vegas on Friday. Just a sweet day of riding the course on a day when nobody's gonna be out there.

Humm...lets see. I was having a bit of slow day here at the shop, so I decided to finally install by big bore kit and cam on my 2004 400exc. I had worn out KTM 520 cylinder sitting on bench, so I decided to bore it out to 97mm and have it replated. Travis from Thumper Racing hooked me up with a sweet custom made 97mm piston kit. (THANKS Travis!!) I also installed a Hot Cam while I was in there. I also installed new valves and 3 angle cut my valve seats. I already had my carb tweaked to go with my full Pro Circiut exhaust. She's all back together now..:bonk:

All I can say is HOLY S@*T!! This thing is still ultra smooth but with a sweet as candy power curve! I should have done it months ago.:bonk:

I've had few of my customers ride it, and they all have come back with big grins on there faces. :bonk:

Well I can't say I did this today, but when I did do it this thread wasn't up. So here are my mods to my 07 450 EXC.......

X2 Hologen by Trailtech

0108090541.jpg

0108090542.jpg

Scotts steering stabilizer with bar rizers, and you can see the switch above the stock KTM computer...that runs my grip heaters.

0606091843.jpg

Sicass LED taillight with blinkers and license plate frame

DSC03543-1.jpg

Clarke 3.1 tank

DSC03209.jpg

DSC03541.jpg

All this along with Trailtech stator, fan kit, jd Jet kit, billet proof radiator gaurds.......

Edited by markyz250

Nothing today....but what is in the bucket list for getting bike prepped for 24hr Race on the 31st...YIKES....bunch o work!

Great idea Nismo !!! :bonk: I'll add some soon.

This has always been a great thread on the drz forums so I figured id try it out here. Just post what you did on your KTM, it can be anything Riding, maintenance...ext

So ill start.

Today when i left work i headed towards my usual freeway onramp and was faced with miles upon miles of parking lot traffic. So I decided to go the the other way. (theres always another way). On the way home i realized i would be driving right by the Scotts Performance shop in montrose,ca. I have wanted a stabilized for a long time now so i made a quick decision to go in there and buy the stabilizer. I already had the mount. The cable guide is made by cleanspeed engineering and its made of plastic not metal like i thought it was when i ordered it. Still cool.

Cant wait to ride it to see if it performs as well as everyone says.

purchased a head gasket for when my valves and head are done. Hopefully thursday put it all back together. And I also drove all around town trying to find 15w50 oil or even 10w50. 5 shops and still no luck.

Ok heres what i did today. Been kinda busy last two days. Hehe.

Not really to my KTM, but for riding i guess. The UPS dude brought me a package from Sampson Racing Radios. I got their Motorcycle noise cancelling headset setup. After looking around for what seemed like months i finally decided to get the setup from Sampson. Only because Shawn seemed like a super cool guy over the phone and it sounded like he would help if there was any issues with it or if I wasn't happy with the setup. Also he is kinda local to me.

I plan on writing some kinda review after this weekend.

This weekends gonna be an awesome day to test all the new goodies.

The harness itself.

Headsetharness.jpg

Sexy handlebar mount billet PTT.

HeadsetPTT.jpg

PTT all mounted up.

Headetbarmount.jpg

Mic mounted in my helmet. The speakers velcro in the reliefs where your ears go.

HeadsetMic.jpg

Radio fits perfect in my Ogio Baja bag.

Headsetridio2.jpg

HeadsetRadio2.jpg

The wire going to my head gets routed through the hydration hole. The wire going to PTT gets routed along the waist belt. Still gotta figure out how to secure them properly.

Headsethelmetconn.jpg

HeadsetPTTcon.jpg

The radio i had already.

HeadsetRadio.jpg

I guess the hardest part was taking a power drill to my $400 Shoei helmet.

HeadsetHelmet3.jpg

Are you able to also connect an IPOD to that system? I have a buddy that runs a pretty good system.

http://www.ixcessory.com/Merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=I&Category_Code=XHH750C

I have tried it before and seems to work good.....I do like the key button on the system you purchased.....looks like it mounts good, easy to get to. do you have a website for the company you purchased from?

Are you able to also connect an IPOD to that system? I have a buddy that runs a pretty good system.

http://www.ixcessory.com/Merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=I&Category_Code=XHH750C

I have tried it before and seems to work good.....I do like the key button on the system you purchased.....looks like it mounts good, easy to get to. do you have a website for the company you purchased from?

Hahaha I have that exact system in a bag in my drawer. Appears to be th same system motocomm sells. I belive it was a waste of money. Microphone is overwhelmed by a loud bike idling. Go above 25 mph and you cant hear the loud bike anymore, just wind noise. Everytime we played with them i always had to have someone help connect my helmet to my backpack because the connectors are similar to "svideo" connectors. We went on one short test ride before we gave up on those.

I have much higher hope with this kit. Aviation quality noise canceling mic, big chunky connectors from helmet to pak and bike to pak. I can easily hook myself in with one hand. Super solid PTT that has a metal clamp to bars with real screws(not velcro). No ipod or music connection but i think thats probably a good idea. At least for me. Although this kit was 4 times the price of the motocomm kit, i belive it is worth the money. If your gonna do something its worth doing right.

Heres a link.

http://www.sampsonracing.com/safety/safety_home_f.htm

Oh ya if anyone wants to buy my motocomm setup i will sell it for like 20$

dropped the front sprocket down to a 13t. Dunno why I didnt do this sooner.

Fought the damn chain tensioners for a while (broke 2 wrench's in the process:banghead:)

Roosted a heeler that decided to put on a chase.

Broke a barkbuster

made for a good day in my lil world

I'll take it. For that price, it would be worth trying out.

they are as terrible as NismoMobber said for use on bikes. everytime you crack the throttle you mic turns on... other guy just hears your bike... not you.

No way to install a PTT button?

maybe... i was referring to most less expensive systems that automatically turn on when you start to talk. played with several... all useless on a bike.

yet to try the one nismomobber suggested... it costs way more than the types i've tried, and was tested in applications specific to riding, like baja 500 and such... so it probably works great.

sorry for extending the thread jack... to make up for it... the only thing I did to my KTM today was ride it. :bonk:

enough talk about talk.jeesh.heres what i did to my 05 525.got a new one comming from ebay.new scoops as well.damn trees.

HPIM0489.JPG

HPIM0491.JPG

HPIM0490.JPG