Sign in to follow this  

TE410 Speedo Wiring?

hey guys ive got a te410 husky, and the speedo is unplugged (as in wires are just behind the head light)

anyone got any wiring diagrams or pics of where its sopose to be connected? as i cant seem to work it out.

cheers!

the speedo and odo run off the speedo hub on the front wheel. You should have a cable that runs from the instruments to the front wheel. No electricity/wiring required.

the speedo and odo run off the speedo hub on the front wheel. You should have a cable that runs from the instruments to the front wheel. No electricity/wiring required.

hmm i have a bunch of wires behind the headlight.

but from what i can see nothing running down to the front wheel?

just the brake line, will confirm this tomorrow tho

If you have no turn signals fitted then there are only three lights used;

lights on (green), high beam (blue) and the bulb to illuminate the speedo.

A mechanical drive should be on the righthand side of the front wheel hub, some people remove it and replace it with a spacer, and you need a speedo drive cable (not electrical). :bonk:

My old wire diag is for Europe and rest world (USA excluded) so could be okay for Australia! If you have the owner manual the wire diag is in there!

but this may help you,

I think a yellow and a dark blue are needed for both the speedo and the lights on (thats the green warning lamp)

Dark Blue is common earth,

Yellow is side light, Speedo and lights on warning lamp ,

Grey is high beam,

Black is low beam,

Lighter Blue is lefthand turn signal,

Red/Black is Righthand turn signal,

I notice you have the grey plastic holding clamp on the righthand fork for the speedo drive cable, Have you got the cable?