RM 250 PC Works Pipe question

Got around to fitting my PC pipe and silencer this evening. Something is not right with the silencer...

IMG_1853_resize.jpg

IMG_1855_resize.jpg

IMG_1854_resize.jpg

As you can see one of the mounting brackets is way off. Otherwise everything fits perfectly. Anybody else have the same pipe combo that can give me some ideas...

Wow mine wasn't perfect, but that is ridiculous. Your going to need a new silencer. Captain Obvious to the Rescue.

Oh yea I hope you don't live any a humid area. I had a works pipe go to crap because of the avg 80-90% H here. Even with regular oiling it didn't want to stay rust free.

i doubt that the silencer tab on the top of the silence(the one you have mounted with currently) is supposed to go on the other side of the swing arm, but worse comes to worse you could always try and put that top tab on the inside of the sub frame and it seems as if it woudl rotate that lower tab closer to the sub frame so it would be useable.

Ya my tabs seemed to be lined up if i remember correctly.

P7280344.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Do you maybe have another one directly behind the bike? Mine just does not look right and I can't put my finger on what the problem is...

i doubt that the silencer tab on the top of the silence(the one you have mounted with currently) is supposed to go on the other side of the swing arm, but worse comes to worse you could always try and put that top tab on the inside of the sub frame and it seems as if it woudl rotate that lower tab closer to the sub frame so it would be useable.

I thought the same thing. It will kind of work but I think the rear wheel will hit the pipe.

Send her back. It is ether the wrong one for your model, or they used the wrong lower tab. As it's a totaly diff tab than the lower one in stock134's pic. Very nice bike by the way dirtbikersa. I love the looks of the works pipe.

Unfortunately I bought it off EBay sometime ago and only got around to fitting it yesterday. I also got the pipe from USA and I am in Australia! So that makes it even more of a mission. I seriously doubt I will get any help from the seller.

For now I am just going to use it mounted with the one bracket. It still fits perfectly so I don't forsee any problems. Will maybe just make a nylon spacer to fit between the other tab and the subframe.

dirtbikersa i also live in oz and i too have the same problem on my 06rm250

i just ran with the one mounting bolt and used 2 heavy duty wireties.

all good man. 18 months now and never an issue with it

i put a 10 oz fww on as well

i went down 2 sizes on the main to i think 168 or 165

also the pilot down to ummm maybe 45..that was about 2 yrs ago as i wasnt happy with the jetting from stock and the pc pipe and 304 muffler seemed to like it even better

my ride buddy has an 06yz250 stock and mine pulls away from his though the yz is jetted better than mine

yz seems to be instantaneous on the throttle, i only notice it when i jump on his otherwise i think mine is jetted sweet

dirtbikersa i also live in oz and i too have the same problem on my 06rm250

i just ran with the one mounting bolt and used 2 heavy duty wireties.

all good man. 18 months now and never an issue with it

i put a 10 oz fww on as well

i went down 2 sizes on the main to i think 168 or 165

also the pilot down to ummm maybe 45..that was about 2 yrs ago as i wasnt happy with the jetting from stock and the pc pipe and 304 muffler seemed to like it even better

my ride buddy has an 06yz250 stock and mine pulls away from his though the yz is jetted better than mine

yz seems to be instantaneous on the throttle, i only notice it when i jump on his otherwise i think mine is jetted sweet

:bonk: Thanks for the info Rob. It makes sense now. I noticed that the stock muffler is different to my RM that I have in South Africa. The stock muffler that was on my RM that I bought here in Australia is smaller and could therefor have different mounting brackets. I thought that all RM's around the world would be identical!

I ended up jetting the bike according to PC website and went riding yesterday. It was running slightly rich but otherwise it felt good. I must still change the power jet from 45 to 48.

For now I am just going to use it mounted with the one bracket. It still fits perfectly so I don't forsee any problems. Will maybe just make a nylon spacer to fit between the other tab and the subframe.

If it fits behind the plastic, I would just make up a spacer to give it more support.

I had the problem with an FMF Q silencer on my 08 rm. Apparently there may be some differences with the subframes.

I sent it back and am now using one from HGS, it fits perfect like the oe one.

Some manufacturers list one part fitting from 02-09 others list a change in 06 onwards :bonk: