Valve I just bought check it out, is this right?

Hello everyone I just bought this valve off ebay and wondered what you think of it. Now it was all sealed in the red Honda packaging bag part No. 14711-KRN-670, but when I got it out of it’s packaging it looks….i don’t know….strange. Patchy brown rust type stuff with the occasional surface scratch + there’s a noticeable join between the stem and the head of the valve.

This is the first time I’ve seen a Honda valve as my crf250r had been as good as gold to me and I only bought this as it was there, it was cheaper than the dealer and I like to have spares like this for when the time comes. Is this how they are, if so I’m not impressed?

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

Cheers

Max

That's normal. You're good to go.

I hope that is the exhaust valve....? If so, surface rust on steel is normal. It will come off easily with light rubbing or with use.

is what the advert said:

"We Have for sale here a Brand NEW Honda CRF250R/X Inlet Valve

The valves will fit the following models

CRF250R/X 04-09

These valves are a common problem on these bikes the price of £25.00 is for ONE valve only

The RRP on this part these valves is over £65!"

Is anyone able to confirm what i got from the part number by any chance?

That's normal. You're good to go.

+++1. 100% normal. I've never seen a stock intake TI valve that didn't look like that.

cool, thanks guys

+++1. 100% normal. I've never seen a stock intake TI valve that didn't look like that.

x2.. all stock intakes are that color

Negative. The coating is flaking off. The valve will still work just not for as long. You can return it and get a new one from Honda. Seen it, wouldn't trust it.

cool, thanks guys

I got freaked out when I took mine out of the package and they looked like that too, I figured (hoped) that it was normal since it was on both and just ran em.

Negative. The coating is flaking off. The valve will still work just not for as long. You can return it and get a new one from Honda. Seen it, wouldn't trust it.

as long as it doesnt flake on the valve where it contacts the seat, but i do agree if you look closely it looks like its flaking

So you took your valves back and the one's they replaced it with was perfectly uniform in it coating?

Guys that have valves that look like this, which decided to installed them and run them, have you found any detriment to service life or anything?

I'm kinda confused now, might email these images to someone at honda to find out the score.

So you took your valves back and the one's they replaced it with was perfectly uniform in it coating?

Guys that have valves that look like this, which decided to installed them and run them, have you found any detriment to service life or anything?

I'm kinda confused now, might email these images to someone at honda to find out the score.

No I didn't return them.

I bought all new valves and everything through service honda. When I opened the first one I got really worried, but then i opened the second and it was like that too. They felt smooth and I couldn't feel any bumps or chips so I ran them. Have maybe 10-15 hours on them and they are good.

Thanks bert but my question about returning valves was more aimed at motofix. Not so worried now what with everyone saying this is the norm but i would like to get an official take on this from a Honda representative or someone.

Honda haven't gotten back to me as yet

Ask Eddie Sisneros on the Intake forum. I'd trust his word over anyone else's

is it flaking on the seating surface of the valve?