Sign in to follow this  

Truck at the San Angelo Diesel Drags....

Currently the truck is broke down the injection pump is shot. Luckily the truck got me home from the drags that night. I took a bunch of pictures and got a video of my best run.

The night before at my garage

Picture001-8.jpg

Picture002-5.jpg

Our Convoy for about 200 miles

Picture008-3.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

Picture018-2.jpg

Average Speed once we got on highway 16 long and straight

Picture017-1.jpg

All our trucks parked at the track

Picture021-1.jpg

Picture022-1.jpg

Picture023-1.jpg

My truck

Picture024-1.jpg

My best run 16.5 only had my diablo power puck and smarty stack. Have not tapped the injection pump wire yet. Should be in the low to mid 15s after i get the truck back together.

th_Picture026-1.jpg

• Like 1

Are these the loud trucks I hear drag racing from red light to red light on mainstreet? I appreciate a good work truck, but trucks louder than Harleys suck! Thanks for spewing black soot on me as I was waiting to cross mainstreet:foul:. Quiet bike are good, quiet trucks are better. I'm all for the drags but leave those loud dirty trucks at home when you drive down mainstreet...empty!

Are these the loud trucks I hear drag racing from red light to red light on mainstreet? I appreciate a good work truck, but trucks louder than Harleys suck! Thanks for spewing black soot on me as I was waiting to cross mainstreet:foul:. Quiet bike are good, quiet trucks are better.

I cant help the fact it blows out a lil puff when i leave a red light. As you see my truck races on the track. Yes a straight piped cummins is loud, sorry buddy.

I cant help the fact it blows out a lil puff when i leave a red light. As you see my truck races on the track. Yes a straight piped cummins is loud, sorry buddy.

I disagree! what do you pull with all this machine? Heavy equipment, horse trailer, camping trailer? Do you do this daily?

Glad to hear you made it home. I recently had a project up in San Angelo at the college that required me to drive up there from Galveston 3 times. I came back through Austin a couple of trips following the route the GPS wanted me to take and I know there isn't much besides mesquite and deer between you and SA. My neighbor's brother-in-law has one of those hot rod Dodge diesels and is always talking about how he walks off from Mustangs.

I disagree! what do you pull with all this machine? Heavy equipment, horse trailer, camping trailer? Do you do this daily?

If you knew anything about diesel performance, you would know that when you add a programmer or bigger injectors it will haze and cough out a puff at a redlight. Im a welder i haul a welder with it and steel, its also my hobby. I have friends that have diesels and they dont haul anything they just like the performance side of it. You dont have to be hauling stuff to have a diesel rig..... Sorry you had bad experiences maybe the kids around you are still immature about a fast truck. Only time i let my truck eat is when im on the highway or a track, never around people walking.

Glad to hear you made it home. I recently had a project up in San Angelo at the college that required me to drive up there from Galveston 3 times. I came back through Austin a couple of trips following the route the GPS wanted me to take and I know there isn't much besides mesquite and deer between you and SA. My neighbor's brother-in-law has one of those hot rod Dodge diesels and is always talking about how he walks off from Mustangs.

O ya before my injection pump went out i put on another programer and KILLED a mustang GT. That was from a dead stop as well.

I'm guessing a quiet truck could haul your welding stuff. I don't give a rats ass about a diesel engine...95% of the loud diesel rigs I see are empty:bonk:. If I were to pick up racing as a hobby I would buy a race car/truck.

Yer truck is awesome Clay.

And Charles De Mar, I'm sorry but diesels have many benefits over gas motors such as extremely better mileage, much better towing performance, open to mods and making much more power and MPG and reliability is much better. Around here a lot of diesels smoke. But they also have flatbeds and goose neck hitches as well. Just because you dont see them pulling doesnt mean they don't. A 3500 dodge cummins with a programmer will get much better mileage and have much more performance than a modded or even stock dodge ram 1500 with a hemi or magnum motor.

Yer truck is awesome Clay.

And Charles De Mar, I'm sorry but diesels have many benefits over gas motors such as extremely better mileage, much better towing performance, open to mods and making much more power and MPG and reliability is much better. Around here a lot of diesels smoke. But they also have flatbeds and goose neck hitches as well. Just because you dont see them pulling doesnt mean they don't. A 3500 dodge cummins with a programmer will get much better mileage and have much more performance than a modded or even stock dodge ram 1500 with a hemi or magnum motor.

Blah blah blah...Most people don't need that kind of power on a daily basis. Funny how vw diesels are quiet and trucks seem to be big and loud penis pumps. Why should i have to be awakend at night whenever one of these big trucks pulls through the intersection out in front of my place. A big loud trucks screams "I NEED ATTENTION...HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT MY MY TRUCK!" just my opinion do what you want. It won't be a free country much longer. BIG and LOUD is a nuisance in neighborhoods is all.

I'm guessing a quiet truck could haul your welding stuff. I don't give a rats ass about a diesel engine...95% of the loud diesel rigs I see are empty:bonk:. If I were to pick up racing as a hobby I would buy a race car/truck.

What the **** man! Did someone smoke you out in your Subaru or something?

I understand your opinion. You don't like loud trucks or a little diesel soot. Fine. But why bash ClayKann's hobby? From what I understand, he can't ride anymore and this is his thing. Sounds like he's mature enough to not annoy people. True, some of the tuned diesels are obnoxious. Like a Ford with an aftermarket exhaust; they sound like someone kicked an steel can of washers down a flight of stairs. But we're talking about a Cummins, here. Very nice sounding, I think.

For the record I hate the sound of studded snow tires on Subarus. It makes my skin crawl. And, they tear up the roads. You already have AWD, studded tires are totally unnescessary.

Don't get me started on Fart Cans.

Blah blah blah...Most people don't need that kind of power on a daily basis. Funny how vw diesels are quiet and trucks seem to be big and loud penis pumps. Why should i have to be awakend at night whenever one of these big trucks pulls through the intersection out in front of my place. A big loud trucks screams "I NEED ATTENTION...HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT MY MY TRUCK!" just my opinion do what you want. It won't be a free country much longer. BIG and LOUD is a nuisance in neighborhoods is all.

Yer right. You dont need that power on a daily basis but you only live once. SO why not use the power to pull every other day. Use it to enjoy driving yer rig around on the days you aint pullin a trailer and use it to pull at the truck pulls on saturday. And actually 99% of summer days on a farm around here a diesel truck comes in handier than a gasser. Yes I am only talking around here because thats all i know from first hand experience.

And on the hey everyone look at me. Thats bullshit. Maybe the person just likes driving around a fast truck because its fun to drive. Why do I like lifts, big tires and manual transmissions. Because it makes the truck WAY more fun to drive. Loud music is also a nuisance and loud 4 bangers with coffee can exhaust are nuisances and do nothing good. And i dont here you saying to ban trains. they make way more noise than a 6 liter diesel

I love it when people get themselves into an argument trying to act holier than thou for no other reason than to piss on someones parade. People like that are the reason my duramax stays on level 5. Do I need the power? NO. Does my truck need to be loud? NO. Does it need to throw smoke out your passenger window from the drivers side? NOPE. But your attitude more than justifies it for me. I can't wait until one of you opinionated liberals gets out of his little car to give me crap about it either. Wrong idea. I think its cute how you say the country won't be free much longer. All these democrats and liberals cry and whine real loud but when push comes to shove theres been a pissed off, stepped-on, gun-toting, chew spitting, diesel driving hickerbilly sitting in the corner for a long time now, just waiting for you to take away a couple more of his rights. This country may not be free but I promise you won't like what it becomes. Hell, I mght not either. By the way I don't chew or carry a gun and I sure as hell don't sit in the corner but I do know who not to piss off. Just my opinion. Please excuse the rant.

• Like 2

Some people like loud trucks that roal coal. I know I sure as hell do. I wish I had a diesel, unfortunately I dont. So I make due with my F250/351. And guess what, its loud as hell. Just as loud as a straight piped diesel im sure. Its what some of us like. Sorry we arent into driving hybrids, and other econoboxs. To each his own. You dont hear me or Clay nitpicking what you drive. So simmer down, and stop talking about what we drive in a negative way.

I'm trying to decide which is more effeminate, wanna-be semi smokestacks in the pickup bed, or those dangly testicles that some quadtards and lifted-truck owners hang from their trucks. Oddly enough, most of the testicles are made out of BLUE plastic. No surprise there. :bonk:

:bonk:

Glad y'all have fun tho. I drove my testicle-free truck 45 mins from home and rode 100 miles of damp singletrack today. :bonk::banana:

If you dont give a rats ass then dont post in here. I guess your just the local a$$ that gives everyone crap for nothing. Grow up man everyone is different. Its hard to be quiet when your trying to go fast, mufflers hinder performance. I dont know what your problem is dude i havent done anything to you. Whats the deal?

If you dont give a rats ass then dont post in here. I guess your just the local a$$ that gives everyone crap for nothing. Grow up man everyone is different. Its hard to be quiet when your trying to go fast, mufflers hinder performance. I dont know what your problem is dude i havent done anything to you. Whats the deal?

Him being a "bully" is a sign of weakness and Jealousy. :bonk: