Logo help..... Help The Privateer

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this one........and lets face it....not many privateers are going to be crossing the country in an old broke down Ford......Im a Chevy man! :bonk:

Can you add..... Please make your donation at www.HelpThePrivateer.com ..........across the bottom?

Props for taking the initiative to help out the privateers of the sport, Lumpy. Here's my idea for a possible logo:

Privateer.jpg

Edited by lumpy790

Well, this might be totally lost on everyone but a Renaissance buff or someone like me who's got a trivia minded brain.

Way back in the days of yore, a Privateer was a Pirate for hire, usually by royalty. The privateer was paid to raid other countries ships, where as a pirate was out for himself and only himself.

Perhaps a Jolly Roger?

Ok, I admit, it was a stretch, but when you know the history behind the whole deal, it becomes interesting, doesn't it?

An interesting note on this. Congress has the authority to issue "Letters of Marque". This allows Congress to authorize privateers. The law is a bit murky but there seems to be no legal precedent to prevent this. We did not sign the worldwide treaty banning privateers nor has it been rescinded by Congress.

Really? so your saying if a privateer has a nice car/truck/van ....or a KTM (?) he is not a privateer???

no. im saying just what i said.

a brand new 2010 truck and car doesnt really say "privateer" to me

its calld profiling, happy?

if i see someone with a new car/truck/van, or a ktm. im thinking....

hey, hes got money, or hes been riding his whole life and takes this quite seriously. probably sponsored.

"if that rider has all the money in the world.....

well then they dont vary much need a sponsor to help them out, do they?"

i know that means hes still a privateer. but when you want the outside community thinking of privateers. you want them to relate.

you also want privateers who need help to relate.

and on that note.

i suggest a nice expansion chamber on that bike!

Edited by dylans503

no. im saying just what i said.

a brand new 2010 truck and car doesnt really say "privateer" to me

its calld profiling, happy?

if i see someone with a new car/truck/van, or a ktm. im thinking....

hey, hes got money, or hes been riding his whole life and takes this quite seriously. probably sponsored.

if that rider has all the money in the world.....

well then they dont vary much need a sponsor to help them out, do they?

i know that means hes still a privateer. but when you want the outside community thinking of privateers. you want them to relate.

you also want privateers who need help to relate.

and on that note.

i suggest a nice expansion chamber on that bike!

You do realize that any privateer trying to qualify for a national has been around the sport for a while, takes it quite seriously, and most likely has small sponsors helping him out right?

An interesting note on this. Congress has the authority to issue "Letters of Marque". This allows Congress to authorize privateers. The law is a bit murky but there seems to be no legal precedent to prevent this. We did not sign the worldwide treaty banning privateers nor has it been rescinded by Congress.

Yea, but I think ther'e called mercenaires(sp) now.

lawl

touche'

im not the one that needs convincing that privateers always could use the help.

thats why i suggested not using a new 2010 bike and car in the logo.

cause it doesnt help the profile.

you dont see alot of bums in business suits begging for change

just saying