Sign in to follow this  

Shasta/Trinity NF Rally

Friends of the Shasta-Trinity National Forest invites you to a rally at Forest headquarters located at 3644 Avtich Parkway (On Airport Road) Redding, CA at noon on November 6th and if it is raining it will be postponed until Nov. 13th.

Friends has an email address: fotshastatrinity@att.net

Um, what Dave left out is why there is going to be a ralley.

The Shasta Trinity National Forest is doing a very poor job on their travel management plan. They have not seriously considered PUBLIC input in their decisons and will be closing most of the routes in the forest.

If you can attend the ralley.............DO IT!

Ride on

Brewster

• Like 1

Um, what Dave left out is why there is going to be a ralley.

The Shasta Trinity National Forest is doing a very poor job on their travel management plan. They have not seriously considered PUBLIC input in their decisons and will be closing most of the routes in the forest.

If you can attend the ralley.............DO IT!

Ride on

Brewster

None of the forests in Region 5 have considered public input. FS personal agenda is driving the process.

None of the forests in Region 5 have considered public input. FS personal agenda is driving the process.

How can the forest service expect joe six-pack to follow the rules when they don't?

Can anyone that works there please explain the hidden agenda?Why has it all become a dog and pony show forest service?

How can the forest service expect joe six-pack to follow the rules when they don't?

Excellent point! How does one respect a law (Travel Management) that has been twisted and distorted by the FS so far beyond the intent of the original law. If the FS is going to ignore law, deceive the public, play games, and shove this down our throat what do they expect will be the outcome?

The FS should be leading by example and fostering a working relationship with the public. Sure, it may look on the surface that they are working with the public by holding meetings and taking public input, but what is the result of those meetings? That is right, nothing but closure. Nothing good has come out of Travel Management. Nothing. They say the MVUM is a living breathing document and the decision in the FEIS is not set in stone - that trails can be added and deleted. Well guess what, the only amendments will be deletions of trails. Don't believe me? Try working with the FS and adding a trail to the MVUM.

It is so short sighted on the FS part. They have wasted the publics time, money, and energy on this process. They have made a huge negative impact on OHV in this State, yet they still have the nerve to request volunteer labor from the very people that they have screwed! This is the FS idea of a working relationship: we screw you, expect your free labor, if you don't work for free we screw you more. How do they expect the public will react? Probably not with hugs and kisses.

The forest service will say they included and reviewed all public comments, we will say they didn't, the green side will say the didn't close enough. the whole thing sucks because the feds are the ones who are going to make the rules regardless, and won't be held accountable till they get sued.

sheywood@fs.fed.us is the email for sharon heywood, the decision maker for Shasta trinity. I called her but she was in a meeting. I am going to email her and get some ideas about volunteering to build and maintain trails. see what she has to say.

I am going to email her and get some ideas about volunteering to build and maintain trails. see what she has to say.

Tell her you mountain bike and you want to build mtb trails. You will get much further with that approach.

• Like 1

Yes I have found out that she is very pro mtb, anti ohv. The blm land managers here are building new trails at the ohv park, but the forest service just sits on their hands and closes stuff instead of creating areas for designated recreation.

• Like 1

To Zeke, Dave, Kevin, Brewster & everyone else getting involved: Thanks for all your input and hard work. My Forest (El Dorado) is done with the process and I felt used and abused afterwords, it's difficult to keep putting up a good fight when you know in your gut it's a pre-planned agenda of closure. Thanks again fellas. :bonk:

Copy of text sent to forest supervisors:

"Are there any plans for increased trails or new trails on the forest service side of the Shasta Chappie Ohv park. I see that the blm side has many new trails, in light of the recent MVUM and travel management, I would think that the forest service would want to create a great area for ohvers to ride in, so that they aren't attracted to other off limit areas. Can you please forward any information you may have in regards to volunteer work to help build and maintain mountain bike and ohv trail in the shasta trinity national forest. I am eager to see what plans the forest service has for future ohv travel, it really seems on the surface that OHV travel is going to be greatly diminished overall."

response ant this point

" just want you to know I got your email and will reply or have someone else reply next week"