DI 2Stroke

great find! :bonk:

I definitely enjoy reading stuff like this.

Good read, thanks. :bonk:

Good to see the car manufacturer getting into it.

Good to see the car manufacturer getting into it.

Definitely! This is what is going to drive all the other manufacturers forward. DI is getting very popular. The camaro for example. Their 3.6L DI v6 makes almost as much power as a mustang gt. 308 vs. 315 or something like that. DI is definitely the future.

the DI isuzu motor is pretty cool as well. 3.5l 250hp/ 250tq and they picked up 2-3 mpg over the regular 3.5 motor.

DI will be on everything in a few years....except the yz250:lame:

I just hope they still make the carb yz's so I can still find parts for my "simple" bike.

I just hope they still make the carb yz's so I can still find parts for my "simple" bike.

Parts will still be available when the bike manufacturers go DI. Just like parts are available for older bikes now.

The license for the orbital technology is very pricey.

To my understanding, the patent is so good it covers pretty much all modern direct injection (so he is making money on diesels too I think)

So that price may be holding it back for consumers because the license would drive a new bike cost sky high...

Anyways, I feel it's the future...let's hope someone makes it!

To my understanding, the patent is so good it covers pretty much all modern direct injection (so he is making money on diesels too I think)

I dont think so.. Most (almost all) new Diesels are Common rail: Daimler , BMW , VW and even my Mitsubishi L200 is DI.

Common rail Diesel is OLLDD news. It suits a diesel perfectly hence it's common place now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_rail

A DI 2t hmm now thats something...

I guess we should all get rid of starter motors on our cars and go back to crank starting them. That was simple. :bonk: I don't understand why people are so resistant to change. Or why people are so scared of electronics. Maybe its be cause they have no understanding of them. Personally I think carbs suck they don't self adjust well (change in temp, elevation etc.) and are antiquated technology. Personally I think EFI is much more simple than a carb.

I guess we should all get rid of starter motors on our cars and go back to crank starting them. That was simple. :bonk:I don't understand why people are so resistant to change. Or why people are so scared of electronics. Maybe its be cause they have no understanding of them. Personally I think carbs suck they don't self adjust well (change in temp, elevation etc.) and are antiquated technology. Personally I think EFI is much more simple than a carb.

I personally hate change and technology, can't find a damn thing anymore that does what it used too, yeah i got a cell phone for the purpose of a phone i could really care less about the other crap that comes on them, besides if ya wait 6 months it'll be new and improved:banghead: could really care less. Technology is great to an extent then it just makes everything way more expensive, hell i still use an ax on occassion to take a tree down or a hand saw for trimming. Look at how much a truck goes for now, when i look at a truck i could care less about haveing air conditioning and all the electronic b.s. that comes with them now, a major upgrade for me is getting a cd player. But yeah i guess the extra hassle of takeing 10 to 15 minutes to change your jetting a few times a year would be worth the extra couple grand:foul:

I personally hate change and technology,

So you ride single track on horses, not bikes?

How are you even posting this, don't you have a slide rule or abacus instead of a computer?

I'm just giving you a hard time. You actually can still get plain-jane trucks, they are just a lot harder to find. My dad picked up a new F150 about 2 years ago in Gaylord that's as plain as you'll find em (power nothing, vinyl floor, AM/FM only, etc etc).

I do agree that change just for the sake of change isn't always a good thing, but change for an improvement is a good thing. And DI offers some pretty big advantages over carburetors for both consumers and the manufactures.

The license for the orbital technology is very pricey.

To my understanding, the patent is so good it covers pretty much all modern di?rect injection (so he is making money on diesels too I think)

So that price may be holding it back for consumers because the license would drive a new bike cost sky high...

Anyways, I feel it's the future...let's hope someone makes it!

Dont patents protect you for like 17 years and then people can start copying it

The license for the orbital technology is very pricey. To my understanding, the patent is so good it covers pretty much all modern direct injection..

When does the patent protection expire? This sounds like the Suzuki Full Floater issue years ago.

But yeah i guess the extra hassle of takeing 10 to 15 minutes to change your jetting a few times a year would be worth the extra couple grand:foul:

I realize you live in the midwest and it is probably disturbingly flat....

But in 15 mins I could be potential 1000 or more ft higher then I was previously.

Shoot in a day I could ride between 2k ft and 9k ft. Show me a carb that can compensate for that. I'll take the efficiency, greatly improved emissions and flexibility of DI. I'm not scared of some electronics :bonk:.

There are TONS of direct injection patents out there, Bombardier, Orbital, Nissan, and many companies we've never heard of (or at least I haven't). A quick search of some shows that most were issued in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Seems to me that the ridiculous $7500 diesel four stroke whatever dirt bikes turned into $9500 diesel four stroke whatever fuel injected dirt bikes.

I'll pass. I could rock a DI two stroke. But not if I have to mortgage the house for it.

Seems to me that the ridiculous $7500 diesel four stroke whatever dirt bikes turned into $9500 diesel four stroke whatever fuel injected dirt bikes.

I'll pass. I could rock a DI two stroke. But not if I have to mortgage the house for it.

I dont know where you got that info from but the price difference between a bike with a carb and EFI is really not that big. its like an extra $500-$1000 max. And once the "new" feeling wears out, prices will come back down.

I realize you live in the midwest and it is probably disturbingly flat....

But in 15 mins I could be potential 1000 or more ft higher then I was previously.

Shoot in a day I could ride between 2k ft and 9k ft. Show me a carb that can compensate for that. I'll take the efficiency, greatly improved emissions and flexibility of DI. I'm not scared of some electronics :bonk:.

Yep you got me:worthy::bonk: