Sign in to follow this  

New helmet =]

Well i was out today running a check to my dad at work and i figured well since im out i might as well stop into "Riders Choice" i MX store that i have never been into. so i stop and i pick up a pair of Pro grips and start talking to the owner about boots. and that talk moves to neck braces, and that leads to helmets and since i wrecked a few days ago with my old helmet that was to big and got a concussion i figured i should prolly try some on. So im looking at HJC helmets and he tells me they are one sale and points the the HJC- SPX Skully edition and says orginally 419.00 on sale for 175.00......With out thinking the next words out of my mouth were do you accept debt cards?. Got it home its a sick helmet i love cant wait to get new goggles and take it out:ride:

Well i was out today running a check to my dad at work and i figured well since im out i might as well stop into "Riders Choice" i MX store that i have never been into. so i stop and i pick up a pair of Pro grips and start talking to the owner about boots. and that talk moves to neck braces, and that leads to helmets and since i wrecked a few days ago with my old helmet that was to big and got a concussion i figured i should prolly try some on. So im looking at HJC helmets and he tells me they are one sale and points the the HJC- SPX Skully edition and says orginally 419.00 on sale for 175.00......With out thinking the next words out of my mouth were do you accept debt cards?. Got it home its a sick helmet i love cant wait to get new goggles and take it out:ride:

Congrats on your helmet but I have some bad news. Hopefully you still like your helmet as I like my HJC's I have 3 CLX-5s that I rotate.

HJC SPX Skully

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/6/10659/ITEM/HJC-SP-X-Skully-Helmet.aspx

MSRP $179.99

The Carbon Fiber HJC AC-X3 (Top of the line)

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/6/2211/ITEM/HJC-AC-X3-Carbon-Off-Road-Helmet.aspx

Has a MSRP of $419.99.

There are a few scenarios:

(1) The sales guy was clueless

(2) The sales guy is a creep

(3) You misunderstood him while you were talking.

(4) They have a STUPID mark up there. Did it show $419 that was marked down to $175?

I paid $135.00 after shipping for my new HJC SPX Eruption helmet from ebay. I just checked and you can get them for around $120.00 now. :bonk:

The Skully you can get new for under $100.00. If it were me, I'd take it back.

So if I understand correctly, the salesman shows him a helmet and says it's on sale for $175 marked down from $419, but in reality it's a helmet with a MSRP of $179 that can be bought on sale for $89.

Wow! This Rider's Choice MX store gives new meaning to the phrase CAVEAT EMPTOR! :bonk::thumbsdn:

Guess that's why as a consumer we should never "...without thinking the next words out of my mouth were: do you accept debt cards?...."

Just another reason I hate salemen and love Dave Ramsey :bonk:

On a side note, we have three HJC AC-X3 helmets and just love them :bonk:

So if I understand correctly, the salesman shows him a helmet and says it's on sale for $175 marked down from $419, but in reality it's a helmet with a MSRP of $179 that can be bought on sale for $89.

Wow! This Rider's Choice MX store gives new meaning to the phrase CAVEAT EMPTOR! :bonk::thumbsdn:

Guess that's why as a consumer we should never "...without thinking the next words out of my mouth were: do you accept debt cards?...."

Just another reason I hate salemen and love Dave Ramsey :bonk:

On a side note, we have three HJC AC-X3 helmets and just love them :bonk:

Like I said, there are a few ways the exchange could have when down but none of them look that good regarding the shops actions.

He did pay $5 under MSRP (good but not great) at a local bike shop. If they misled the customer as to the MSRP then they are crooked or ignorant and I am not sure which one is better. An honest knowledgable shop is worth supporting.

It is not by any means a DEAL that would require an impulse buy. :lol: I paid my local shop full price for my first HJC and then since I had my size sorted out I came across the same model for about 1/2 price a year later and purchased that. Again about a year later I found one for even cheaper on line and was all white. That was an impulse buy. I decided I wanted to make an event specific helmet for my clubs Desert 100 race up in WA state. :bonk: I have my clubs logo on the back but do not have a shot of it. It is clean and easy to read when I am riding around...people often ask about the race.

n1421328371_30334280_6911221.jpgn1421328371_30334281_4361272.jpg

I would take that sh** back, tell them you got it home tried it on with your gear and it did not fit right or tell them the truth speak to the manager, tell them the guy must have been mistaken or flat out lied and he should make it right. JMO

Ah now that i think about it he may have said the XC was marked down cause they did have the carbon fiber helmet there right next to this one as well. but this one does have 419 written on the tag. so idk ether way i love they helmet and i love HJC helmets. So oh well i helped out the local mom and pop MX store. oh well i guess i now realise why i need a phone wiht interent so i can do comparison shopping lol

Yeah, sometimes we just don't get the best deals. As long as you're happy, that's all that really matters. :bonk:

Ah now that i think about it he may have said the XC was marked down cause they did have the carbon fiber helmet there right next to this one as well. but this one does have 419 written on the tag. so idk ether way i love they helmet and i love HJC helmets. So oh well i helped out the local mom and pop MX store. oh well i guess i now realise why i need a phone wiht interent so i can do comparison shopping lol

That's why I don't shop IN PERSON ANYWHERE anymore. I'm an IMPULSIVE BUYER. The last time I got screwed was at Sears buying a TV. I thought I was getting a deal for $650 since it was marked down, but no one said Sears price matched and I found it on the web for $400-something. I was pretty pissed. That was about 1999-2000. Ever since, I look stuff up on the web and usually do 99% of my purchasing on the web. Unless you have one of those i-phones or whatever, how are you going to know what something is worth in the store?

I'd send that helmet back. Then use some of the money you saved buying some oil or grips or whatever from them instead.

i would take it back as well, mom an pop shop or not, the guys screwed ya. again, this is why local shops are hurting, cuase they try and get ya everytime.

well i cant take it back i rode with it today and scuffed it abit but im heading down there tomorrow for some oil so ill talk to the owner and see whats up