How to drain the coolant around cylinder?

I volunteered to have a look at my buddy's 90' yz125, which has absolutely no compression, and is in roughshape. I am currently trying to take the cylinder off to inpect the piston and walls, but i noticed when i took off the head cover, there was still coolant in the holes surrounding the cylinder. I did drain the coolant from under the pump, and most of the hoses leading to the rads i have disconnected, so how the heck do i get that last bit out? I dont want to take the cylinder off and have the coolant

go into the crank/bottom.thanks for the help!

try and lean the bike over on its side with the rad fluid drain bolt out. should help to get all the coolant down lower in the bike and to the side it needs to be at to drain out. thats what i did on my 06 rm.

alright thanks for the help, ill go give it a shot

Before I disassemble the bike, I drop the coolant and then kick the bike over to get a little more out.

I also blow into the hose coming off the head, this removes a fair bit more too.

Yeah, just kick it a couple of times with the hose disconnected.

I have used a wet/dry shop vac to suck as much coolant out as possible. It won't get every drop, but 95% of it comes out.

Compressed air (hose with blow tip) will help push out the water.

I drink it. You can then tell how environmentally friendly your friend is.

A turkey baster is a cheap and easy way to get it out as well....most of it anyway.

I drink it. You can then tell how environmentally friendly your friend is.

A turkey baster is a cheap and easy way to get it out as well....most of it anyway.

I'm not having Thanksgiving at your house

I'm not having Thanksgiving at your house

Most of us mark the bad one.

Most of us mark the bad one.

Ok I'll have Thanksgiving at your house

Ok I'll have Thanksgiving at your house

Sorry the tables already full and we can't get a bigger turkey in the fryer.