Where to get black headlight plastic for my DRZ-S

Where can I get black plastic headlight shroud thing for my DRZ-S? It came with white...but I now have a black Acerbis plastics kit but the Acerbis headlight sucks and I'd like to put the stocker back on.

Any good online sources? Will the SM plastic fit or is that different?

S and SM plastics are the same. I would look for a used black surround in the classifieds or eBay.

New OE or used OE are your only choices. Try the TT store.

I just had my local shop order an OEM one a month ago. They are quite pricey at $72.00. Very nice though and you know it will fit properly.:bonk:

Only about $58 from the TT store.

Only about $58 from the TT store.

+1 or get a take off from someone who has gone to a cyclops or a Buell setup.

The only thing left on the bike that's white is the headlight surround. I've searched everywhere to find a black one...just the surround/mask, not the headlight assembly. I looked on the TT store and couldn't find it there either. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me exactly where it is at the TT store or anyplace else. I've found white and yellow but can't find black. Thanks.

The only thing left on the bike that's white is the headlight surround. I've searched everywhere to find a black one...just the surround/mask, not the headlight assembly. I looked on the TT store and couldn't find it there either. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me exactly where it is at the TT store or anyplace else. I've found white and yellow but can't find black. Thanks.

I went with the trailtech light setup so I have my black one laying around. The only problem with it is that it has integrated blinkers already cut into it. They look sharp and there are very few scratches. I had it on my bike for about a month. Make me an offer and it is yours. Remember though it has included led blinkers installed on it and you will have to wire them to your blinker setup or remove them and cover holes with sticker. Here is what it looks like.

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo35/yohawn74/IMG_1401.jpg

TT OEM store. It is an SM model part. I looked it up under a 2005SM.

COVER, HEADLAMP (BLACK)

51811-29F10-019

Or, before spending $60-$80 you can buy a can of black vinyl dye for $8 and give it a go. The results might surprise you. Then if you don't like the results, spend the bigger chunk of change. IMHO of course.

Or, before spending $60-$80 you can buy a can of black vinyl dye for $8 and give it a go. The results might surprise you. Then if you don't like the results, spend the bigger chunk of change. IMHO of course.

Then every little scratch shows. But that's just MHO of course.

I have a black Acerbis Cyclopes with a HID high beam installed (or not) that I'll part with for cheap. PM me if interested.

Then every little scratch shows. But that's just MHO of course.

Actually, vinyl dye penetrates the plastic VERY well. I think only the deepest of scratches and gouges would show. It doesn't chip or fade(not any more than plastic usually does I'm guessing) either...good stuff.

Edited by unloopme
Where can I get black plastic headlight shroud thing for my DRZ-S? It came with white...but I now have a black Acerbis plastics kit but the Acerbis headlight sucks and I'd like to put the stocker back on.

is the drz400sm the same ?

is the drz400sm the same ?

S&SM are the same.

i think this is what you need http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/suzuki-drz400-drz-400-HEADLIGHT-HEAD-LIGHT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255773921bQQitemZ160380981787QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories and its at $9.99

GOF1 - thanks...found it!

I painted mine with Krylon Fusion spray paint in 2005. I just scuffed it well with steel wool and sprayed it with 5 or 6 light coats. It matches the black Acerbis plastics perfectly. It has scratches, just like the rest of the bike, but none that show through to the white plastic. Cost about 5 bucks.