DRZ 400SM Pric

Hi Everyone, I am new to ThumperTalk and also new to the world of Thumpers/DualSports/SuperMotos. I don't have a Thumper yet, but I want to acquire one soon...I have my eyes set on the DRZ 400SM, for the unadulterated hooligan fun that it seems to provide on asphalt while also allowing decent fun on roads without asphalt.

I want to purchase a new 2009 DRZ 400SM (or a new 2008 DRZ 400SM). I was wondering if anyone here has purchased a new DRZ 400SM lately and can tell their story, how much they paid OTD, where they bought it etc.

Also, does anyone know the invoice for 2009 DRZ 400SM? :bonk:

I bought my 09 SM back in February for $5899 plus and the taxes and crap like that, but I went to the dealership on the last day of february knowing they had a slow month and they'd want to make numbers work for the month and they knocked it down from $6599 after a little work and almost walking out, so I took it. I doubt you'll find a new one on a showroom this time of year though. But just go in and be firm with what you want and if they'll usually work with you.

got my 09 back in june.

paid i think it was $6234 for everything (include tax. setup etc.)

also get quotes from other dealers if you trying to stay local but have good deals else where.. sometimes they'll match it

You definitely might find new ones. One of the Knoxville Suzuki dealerships had one, maybe two brand new SMs a week ago.

There are a lot of screaming deals out there on new motorcycles. This economy blows for toy dealers, so walk out at least once until you get a killer deal.:bonk:

got my 09 back in june.

paid i think it was $6234 for everything (include tax. setup etc.)

also get quotes from other dealers if you trying to stay local but have good deals else where.. sometimes they'll match it

That sounds like a good deal for purchasing the bike during peak riding season. Do you remember the invoice price on your bike?

I've heard the invoice on 2009 DRZ 400SMs is $5900 for bikes they received after feb 09 and $5600 for the bikes they received before feb 09. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Got myself a 2009 DRZ 400SM!