Sign in to follow this  

Cutting out near the top of the power band

i was wondering if anyone has had problems with their bike after taking the covers off the power vavles? I have an 89 cr250. I've been trying to trouble shoot this thing for the past week and can't seem to ge any where. the reeds being 20 years old and stuck open didn't help the test rides out at carnigie

This is confusing. Are you asking if 20 year old reeds stuck open could be a problem?

i hope its just the reeds being stuck open. i didnt really closely inspect them when i had the bike apart. would the reeds being stuck open cause a fluttering in the top of the powerband?

i hope its just the reeds being stuck open. i didnt really closely inspect them when i had the bike apart. would the reeds being stuck open cause a fluttering in the top of the powerband?

I still don't understand the whole question but if the reeds are visibly worn out and sticking open I would replace them. If the reeds are stuck open it would most likely be having problems at idle low rpms.

Maybe someone else can be more informative.

yeah the reeds being open does make it run super rich. so the real question is why would the bike be cutting out at high rpms.

also how would he run in high rpms if the power valves are staying open?

heres the solution to the problem. dont use permatex on the front of your pipe. dont start it when the permatex is wet, it will clog your silencer