Sign in to follow this  

Mouth Gaurd

Anyone wear one while ridding?Dentist found two cracked teeth,only thing I can think of was a crash afew months ago.Anyway he want's me to start wearing mouthgaurd while ridding.

When I'm riding on the track I do... My friends make fun of me, but I don't much care... I figure better safe than sorry....

my .02

andy t.

In 2005 I had my teeth push back by a hockey puck. I had a custom mouthgaurd made after that. I was good about wearing it for a year. Seemed harder to breath, it did save me on a few crashes for sure though. I should start wearing it again.

I wear one as well. Took a nasty bite on my tounge after a big get off. You will have to learn/adjust to wearing it. It affects how you breath. I have to breathe through my nose.

breath right strips might help you breath with a mouth guard in. i've been thinking about wearing one while racing but i don't think i'd be able to get my bite valve on my camel back to work right and there's no way i can ride/race without my camelback...

There are some thoughts that mouthguards may help prevent concussions as well. It seems controversial though. I wear one for hockey, but not riding. I don't find breathing a problem.

My dentist suggested that some people grind their teeth when riding, so it could help with tooth/jaw problems potentially?