ktm 105, kx100, 0r a 125

hello everybody, i am selling my ttr 125 and im looking to buy a new bike for summer, i am 5"6 and about 125 lbs. i am looking at the ktm 105 and the kx100. i was also thinking of maybe getting a 125 but im not sure if i would be able to ride one. So if you could tell me any info you have or an opinion that would be awesome. im 14 by the way.

My wife's 5'4" and 125lbs; she raced a KX100 for a few years and then moved on. She now rides a KTM 200XC (which has been lowered). Since you're 2" taller and 14 years old, I'd expect you'd outgrow either the KX100 or KTM105 fairly quickly so my vote is for the 125 (or 144/150/200)

Dave

hello everybody, i am selling my ttr 125 and im looking to buy a new bike for summer, i am 5"6 and about 125 lbs. i am looking at the ktm 105 and the kx100. i was also thinking of maybe getting a 125 but im not sure if i would be able to ride one. So if you could tell me any info you have or an opinion that would be awesome. im 14 by the way.

What type of riding are you doing???? trails or mx or both???

The 105 and 100 have 16" rear wheels which makes them a (big wheel) super-mini bike. They can't race with the 85 classes...

If your trail riding any of the three would do you good....

well i will be doing 90% motocross. and thats what i was afraid of growing out of the ktm and kx and having to buy a new bike, but im not sure if id be able to ride with all that power yet, and i have never rode a 2 stroke

Hey...i had a kx100 and it was one of the sickest bikes i ever had. The power on those little bikes are nuts. But your 5' 6" so you might outgrow it fast. Im only 5' 6.5" and i ride a 250f. The only thing is your a little on the light side though. Im about your height but i'm 165 lbs. I would say go for the 125 though but just respect the power cause its going to be a big difference from your ttr. Hope i helped!

Check around your aera to see about the 100's but most places have the big wheels racing as supermini's....super fast..

If I were you I'd pick up a clean 125 or a 250F and start in a "C" class....

0043meh_19.jpeg i found two 125s what do

you think. there both

2006s a honda cr 125 and

rm125.

5060m3i_19.jpeg

I was about the same size as you were 2 years ago when I got my KX 100, I was way big for it, even back then! I rode that thing for 1 year before my dad gave me his 250F.

There were 2 reasons I could not ride that bike well.

1: My legs were too long and almost hit my arms when sitting down.

2: I couldn't stay in the powerband.

0043meh_19.jpeg i found two 125s what do

you think. there both

2006s a honda cr 125 and

rm125.

5060m3i_19.jpeg

They both look very nice. Check them both out and see which one looks better and more maintained in person. Me myself i would go with the rm though only because i heard the cr125s lacked in power compared to the others and i just happen to love the rm125 :bonk: lol but like i said whichevers cleaner and you can get for cheaper id go for. Good Luck!

thanks the cr is a bit cheaper and i think it would have plenty enough power for me, so i thnk i might be looking at that one first.

bro , get a yz125 1996 or newer

they run so good ,its not funny nothing runs like a 96 up yz125

its like a trail bike the rips

thanks the cr is a bit cheaper and i think it would have plenty enough power for me, so i thnk i might be looking at that one first.

cool...my biggest mistake when i go see a bike is that i fall in love and want it and buy it the same day lol...i would say look at them both if they are both in your price range and then see whichever you like better. They both look clean tho so you should be good with either or. Good Luck!