Sign in to follow this  

G2 Quick Turn Throttle. Anyone using this?

I just bought this and installed it. Was looking to sustain a more comfortable riding position and have less effort/movement for throttle control. I usually look to ride the more technical desert stuff we can find. I have to say it seems like WOT is somewhere between 1/2 to 3/4 of what Stock was. I haven't even riden with it yet, but after feeling how quickly it gets to WOT I'm not sure it's the right choice for technical Dez riding. Seems great for open Dez though. Anyone using this? Is it just a matter of getting used to it?

http://g2ergo.com/shop/catalog/G2-Quick-Turn-Thottle-Tubes-for-Honda-38.html

I just bought this and installed it. Was looking to sustain a more comfortable riding position and have less effort/movement for throttle control. I usually look to ride the more technical desert stuff we can find. I have to say it seems like WOT is somewhere between 1/2 to 3/4 of what Stock was. I haven't even riden with it yet, but after feeling how quickly it gets to WOT I'm not sure it's the right choice for technical Dez riding. Seems great for open Dez though. Anyone using this? Is it just a matter of getting used to it?

http://g2ergo.com/shop/catalog/G2-Quick-Turn-Thottle-Tubes-for-Honda-38.html

do you ride a lot? if not, lots of seat time would allow you to become accustomed to the stock throttle. also, you could consider lower gearing or a heavier flywheel for the riding you described.

:bonk:

I use it and love it! To me it made getting thru technical sections easier..I ride in the woods as well as wide open desert and in my opinion it helped everywhere.. :bonk: I'm going to put a 1/4 turn throttle on my street bike too!

do you ride a lot? if not, lots of seat time would allow you to become accustomed to the stock throttle. also, you could consider lower gearing or a heavier flywheel for the riding you described.

:bonk:

I don't ride as much as I use to, but that's mainly cause I separated my shoulder in January and took a few months off. :bonk: I tried to go w/o the surgery... thought I could deal with the pain and I can for the most part except for the longer rides. The stock throttle has been fine for years, but I stand alot and enjoy riding the most when I'm on the throttle pretty hard, but dropping my right elbow to twist "seems" to be when I feel the most pain. Now I can't get in for the surgery until Feb. Mainly cause I have riding trips planned I don't want to miss. :bonk: So I'm looking for anything that might make it easier on myself until Feb. and allow me to ride the way I enjoy it the most... hard as I can. Kinda stupid on my part, but I took enough time off this year already. (As a side note "hard as I can" doesn't mean I'm fast, just always enjoy the adrenaline of figuring out what I'm capable of. :lol: )

Sounds like a later post had some success with it so I guess I'll just try it. Worst thing is I have another get off, tear my shoulder up some more and just go in for the surgery sooner than expected. My friends have nicknamed me "Crash" now anyway. :bonk:

I'll just take it easy until I can get use to it opening as quickly as it seems it's gonna.

In my opinion it depends on your riding style. I haven't bought the Quick turn throttle cam, i did the throttle mod instead which has the exact same effect. I loved it! It is a must if you ride MX. The power comes quicker and it really helped my cornering and starts. For really technical or extra slippery terrain i bought the G2 throttle cam system and i use the Y400 cam.

Edited by Lankyrider

I bought the G2 throttle cam system and put it on my X because right off idle was quite a quick hit. I rode it and really feel more comfortable letting the rear powerslide now and don't feel like I will break loose and highside with a twitch of the wrist.

IMHO, making the throttle touchyer than stock is not a good idea. Very difficult to meter out power if you are dealing with a light switch for a throttle. You just need to practice riding more.

I agree.

I don't like'em either. Too touchy... too "jerky". I've got one on the TRX in the garage my woman rides. And have tried them on past bikes (450R).

I used the most extreme of the G2 cams, that I know I'd never use, and custom ground my own profile to add 30-40 degrees more turn than stock. It allows me to fine adjust my throttle openings and it makes it less snappy off idle. Smooth, linear and very predictable. Keeps me out of trouble...and trees.:bonk: