Yzf250 07-10

I currently have an 06 and hoping to upgrade for when I can start riding again. I have extra plastics and graphics so I'm hoping for a bike that can change some parts with the 06. I can probably get the 10 but not looking to spend 7g's.

Mainly what I'm asking to help myself is.. What is your favorite model and why?

I like my 09, good power and all around awesome suspension. With a few engine mods you can really open the power up.

I seen the 10 in the shop yesterday and to tell you the truth I wasn't too impressed. Yeah it's new and they changed a lot but to me the 09 wasn't broken. I don't like the fenders and shrouds. Looks like they copied KTM. The rear number plate is 2' long and it looks like it's trying to cover up the yamaha overly long muffler. Maybe the engine is better than the 09, but I'll have to ride one to find out. The frame change seems like a waste of time cuz the 06-09 was good. Why not put more R&D in the engine and drop it in the 09 frame. Just some thoughts. :bonk:

Yamaha all the way though:ride:

I read on 250F shoot out that the 2008-2009 are on the lower list like 4-5th. But the 2007 was 2nd.

I heard 08-09 lack engine but I guess you can put a few parts on and increase the power.

I read on 250F shoot out that the 2008-2009 are on the lower list like 4-5th. But the 2007 was 2nd.

I heard 08-09 lack engine but I guess you can put a few parts on and increase the power.

Depends what magazine your reading. Shootout placing should not determine your decision to buy a bike. But you should take into consideration the things the testers with your same riding ability say about the bikes.

7-9 are great bikes. 10 is awsome! The power and handling really are better. I bought one for my son and I am glad I did. The new frame makes maintenance easier too, though he doesn't' care about that aspect.

That said, the 09 is probably the best bike for the money since many dealerships are selling them at great prices. Transworld bashed the '09 because it felt slow. Swap rated it 4th of 5, yet he turned his second best lap time on a YZ. The two pro riders in their shoot out had the best lap times on the YZ. It is a great bike, but it doesn't turn as well as the '10.