Sign in to follow this  

Another question...

Sorry too keep annoying you guy's with all my questions, but I have a lot of them. I found a guy selling a FMF Ti4 slip-on thats like new for $50(e-bay). but its for a S model. will it fit my E? the guy say's it will, but I've found out the hard way that you never should just take someones word on e-bay...

IIRC the S model head pipe is a smaller dimension then the E model header. That being said some have modified the clamp area (I think) on a stock S exhaust to fit an E header. I think the member William1 did this (you can search for it). You may be able to do this for the FMF.

Also remember, you will have a slightly different mounting point for the S model exhausts on an E and will have to work around that also.

You can make it fit, will have to finagle the connection and the mounting location.

FMF is not the best pipe anyway. With the prices on the Full MRD systems, I would just get one of those. THe FMF will not perform much better than your E anyway. The E is already better flow than the S less baffles.

The S is and on road bike so with noise and USFS restriction (read potato) you might be worse off with the Slip on.

Sorry too keep annoying you guy's with all my questions, but I have a lot of them. I found a guy selling a FMF Ti4 slip-on thats like new for $50(e-bay). but its for a S model. will it fit my E? the guy say's it will, but I've found out the hard way that you never should just take someones word on e-bay...
I believe the stock E pipe will be too large for the slip-on to go over it.

Alright, I was planning on getting an MRD/SSW anyways. but mabye this to hold me off until I could get the MRD. but since it wont fit, then why bother?

Alright, I was planning on getting an MRD/SSW anyways. but mabye this to hold me off until I could get the MRD. but since it wont fit, then why bother?

Even if it did fit, why bother? Save all your pennies for the MRD.