Canyon Sat.......Firebird Sunday

Same as last week. The prep at both of these tracks has been amazing. Alec is ungrounded as of Friday, barring any other screw ups, so he and I will be going to Canyon (Chase has to umpire) and then all 3 of us will be at Firebird on Sunday taking advantage of the $15 entry fee.

Anyone want to join?

I would but Jake has a game on Saturday and tryouts for the club team on Sunday.

I maybe in for Sunday. I went to GS last Sunday with Stupendous, and went down in a corner. I jammed my thumb in to a huge rock, and now I can barely use my hand! And to make it worse, it was my right hand, so now work is a real joy too!! Stupid rocks!

It's starting to slowly come back around, so I might be down for some riding on Sunday. We'll see as the weekend gets closer.

I would but Jake has a game on Saturday and tryouts for the club team on Sunday.

Chase is umpiring Sat at 8am.....rookie league tho.

I maybe in for Sunday. I went to GS last Sunday with Stupendous, and went down in a corner. I jammed my thumb in to a huge rock, and now I can barely use my hand! And to make it worse, it was my right hand, so now work is a real joy too!! Stupid rocks!

It's starting to slowly come back around, so I might be down for some riding on Sunday. We'll see as the weekend gets closer.

Let me know.....I need to turn my stupid maint required light off.

How was GS? That back section still have 3 small jumps? I am going there next sat for sure. Maybe ET Sun.

How was GS? That back section still have 3 small jumps? I am going there next sat for sure. Maybe ET Sun.

GS was good. They changed the track. The turn they took out towards the front is back. In the back, the middle tabletop became a small step up. The double right after it became a tabletop.

GS was good. They changed the track. The turn they took out towards the front is back. In the back, the middle tabletop became a small step up. The double right after it became a tabletop.

Did they fix the nasty G-out after that step down in that new section?

Did they fix the nasty G-out after that step down in that new section?

Which jump was it after? The first table top had two landings, we were landing on the first one. The take off on the step up was kicking us nose down, and I didn't get it figured out until right before I crashed, so I only jumped it once. The last jump is just a basic table top, and I didn't have any probs with that one.

I haven't been out there since June, and I liked the changes. The extra foot or two of mulch makes the track real nice, but it still gets super rough after a couple of hours.

Im in for both days. Canyon F-ing rocks, the best track in AZ by far. Huge jumps, elevation changes, great turns with multiple lines, a real MX-track. Loved it last sat. Cant wait to go again

Which jump was it after? The first table top had two landings, we were landing on the first one. The take off on the step up was kicking us nose down, and I didn't get it figured out until right before I crashed, so I only jumped it once. The last jump is just a basic table top, and I didn't have any probs with that one.

The first one of the new section.

I haven't been out there since June, and I liked the changes. The extra foot or two of mulch makes the track real nice, but it still gets super rough after a couple of hours.

Sweet....didn't know they put in some more mulch.

Im in for both days. Canyon F-ing rocks, the best track in AZ by far. Huge jumps, elevation changes, great turns with multiple lines, a real MX-track. Loved it last sat. Cant wait to go again

Ya it is hard to beat the dirt they have working out there and the track flows very nicely. I am trying to decide if I want to nut up and hit the finish line jump. :bonk: Good riding with ya again Darren..see ya both days.....I will save a spot for you since you are not a morning person. :bonk:

I am trying to decide if I want to nut up and hit the finish line jump. :bonk:

HA Ha...Me too! Just thinking about coming up short and landing on/at the top of the table and bouncing sideways and down makes me re- think it. It would be a fast gnarly crash down hill.

HA Ha...Me too! Just thinking about coming up short and landing on/at the top of the table and bouncing sideways and down makes me re- think it. It would be a fast gnarly crash down hill.

According to my scientific calculations......walking it off.....It is just under 100' from lip to down slope. 60ish' from lip to the telephone pole.

I agree, Tim, that would be a gnarly wad up. I have come up short on a couple of the jumps out there and they are forgiving. I finally cleared that second jump into the canyon after coming up short 5 or so times and that one has a hump on it. Cody Gaupel jumped over me on that one and landed about 15' from the bottom....slammed on the brakes and hammered that YZ250 and was gone.

I need some big boy forks to make it more foregiving LOL.

Guess it is just Darren, Alec, and I.:bonk:

Canyon was outstanding as usual. Alec got a total of 45 minutes of riding in on his bike. Total of 15 hours on it so far and the clutch is shot so he rode my bike and loves it. He is definitely a 4 stroke guy. He rode mine at Firebird yesterday too.......

Not sure I like seeing my bike doing this:

FtepupatFB.jpg

AlecFlatonmybike.jpg

Whip.jpg

Brett, and to think you were blaming the bike for you being slow:smirk: Looks like he is really starting to haul the mail:thumbsup:

Canyon was outstanding as usual. Alec got a total of 45 minutes of riding in on his bike. Total of 15 hours on it so far and the clutch is shot so he rode my bike and loves it. He is definitely a 4 stroke guy. He rode mine at Firebird yesterday too.......

Not sure I like seeing my bike doing this:

FtepupatFB.jpg

AlecFlatonmybike.jpg

Whip.jpg

Brett, your boys ride well, your younger boy rides his 85cc mini well.:bonk:

Got the chance to ride with your older boy and he throws that fourfiddy around like its as light as his tiddler..:bonk:

Now that you offer trackside support you can fix my jetting on my yami fourfiddy:smirk:...

Awsome!

Brett, your boys ride well, your younger boy rides his 85cc mini well.:bonk:

Got the chance to ride with your older boy and he throws that fourfiddy around like its as light as his tiddler..:bonk:

Now that you offer trackside support you can fix my jetting on my yami fourfiddy:smirk:...

Thanks Randy....it sux that they can BOTH rag on me for being slower than them. The oldest is hard for me to watch sometimes. The youngest isn't too far behind....he is starting to like that "style" stuff too.

I doubt you want me as trackside support......I still don't have Chase's 85 jetted right:bonk:......low to mid range bog and it seems that it all started when he cased that step up. Also found out the swing arm pivot bolt was broken. :bonk: