How much goo are you getting in your breather hose- 09 450?

I get like an inch to 2 inches every ride. In the past years I've put a breather hose kit on. Has anybody put one on the 09? Is this excessive amounts?

Make sure you don't have to much oil in the crankcase! An inch is normal, all though i don't get that much per ride!

If your getting straight oil it could be a bad right side crank seal. Do you also have oil in airboot? Measure drain oil out of both sides.

If your getting straight oil it could be a bad right side crank seal. Do you also have oil in airboot? Measure drain oil out of both sides.

Hey phil, No straight oil, it looks like clear snot. Also no oil in airboot. My oil levels are perfect. Too many whips mixing things up?!!!!!!!

Sorry, I thought the post said oil, not goo! That seems like an awful lot, but if the drain oils are normal I dont have any other possibilites. A leaky injector would also raise oil level. Good Luck!!!

You are fine....If you are now riding when it's cold in the morning, it will develop more than the summer months.

It's fine.

I get none after 25 hours of straght track time.

And you live in AZ, not the East Coast where you see lower temps in the morning.

i get some in mine too, when i pull the knob off it just pours out. not alot but like 1-2 inch worth on the hose. it is like clear and greenish mixed

And you live in AZ, not the East Coast where you see lower temps in the morning.
heck, it's cold 24/7 here in central ny. This place is the pits for weather! I noticed mcgraths got two tubes hanging out. I bet he's got a breather kit. I don't mind the set up, it's just erratating emoptying every time! I'm wicked anal as well.
i get some in mine too, when i pull the knob off it just pours out. not alot but like 1-2 inch worth on the hose. it is like clear and greenish mixed

It must be a ny thing! Mines not green though, you better watch what you eat for dinner!

Ahh, so goo is a cold weather thing, thanks for clearing that up. Thought I had a special bike. :bonk:

Well smarty pants, just for your information, it does get cold here too, it gets down to the 60's

at night maybe even the low 50's in the morning from time to time. Hell, I had to wear a hoodie with my shorts at the track while watching the other night. I am talking cold! :bonk:

Dude, I could see my breath coming off the track the other night!

Hmm I saw heat radiating off the hood of my car the other night. :bonk:

What is the goo though? I fit is not oil what is it? Sounds odd. How does cold only make it appear and what is it? We are talking about the oil overflow hose coming from the head and latches on right by the swingarm with a black cap right?

50's ahh poor baby lol. man we were riding in 25 degree weather all last winter. you southern boys wouldn't last a day up here in the winter he he :bonk:

Ahh, so goo is a cold weather thing, thanks for clearing that up. Thought I had a special bike. :bonk:

Well smarty pants, just for your information, it does get cold here too, it gets down to the 60's

at night maybe even the low 50's in the morning from time to time. Hell, I had to wear a hoodie with my shorts at the track while watching the other night. I am talking cold! :bonk:

50's ahh poor baby lol. man we were riding in 25 degree weather all last winter. you southern boys wouldn't last a day up here in the winter he he

Worse, I am a western boy. Arizona specifically. Below 102 and we wear sweaters. :bonk: