Striped Bolt

Just purchased an 07 CR85. Wanted to change clutches berfore we raced. It is apparent that the Hex Bolt before the Center Clutch is about 75% rounded. Any suggestions before I decide to stick a piece of dynomite in there!?!?!?!?:bonk:

Well i think you might have to go with the dynamite unless you can somehow cut it off???? Try heating it up and using the socket on it and if that doesnt work.... well just see if that works and get back to us.

Pics help. Anyway on a kx 250f the bolt that holts the kick starter on broke. I used a pick ort similar to a ice pick and knocked out.

is it possible to use a "drill & tap" bit on that? Expensive little tool but I know its worked well for me in the past and saved my butt a few times.

Have you tried an impact driver?

How about J-B Welding the socket to the bolt? Can't reuse either but it may get the bolt out.

do you know that is is stuck? try vise grips..dont yank too hard or else you will break the head off...then you will be in trouble..i would try penetrating oil..also consider a non rust seize..which means it needs to be removed by edm at a machine shop, thats what happened to my xr cyl bolts..they will never come out by drill and tap or extractors or heat..pen. oil..etc

Try using an "easy out " you drill a pilot hole in the bolt then wind the easy out in and the bolt will turn out basically its a tapered left handed screw so the further it goes in it grips the bolt tighter if that fails you can drill it out and tap a new thread or use a helicoil.

hope this helps

Try using an "easy out " you drill a pilot hole in the bolt then wind the easy out in and the bolt will turn out basically its a tapered left handed screw so the further it goes in it grips the bolt tighter if that fails you can drill it out and tap a new thread or use a helicoil.

hope this helps

same thing im talking about, i've just always heard them called a drill and tap.

get a set of the craftsman stripped bolt sockets for like $30 they are the best invention in the world. their doesnt even have to be a head left for them to work

Since the bolt apparently has a left handed thread, make sure that are turning it out counterclockwise.

+1 on the Craftsman stripped bolt socket set.