TTR125 Rear Rim

Well last Sunday I completely messed the back rim up. Sheared off 12 spokes so the bike is out of commission now. I've been searching around and can't seem to find a good price on a set of aftermarket rims. Anyone know any good sites to go to?

Unless you have tried the ebay and craigslist thing, I am a loss for a truly cheap buy on an aftermarket rim. They usually run $250-$300 with spokes for both wheels. I've seen $230 a set, too.

I've never tried buying individual rims, though. Call the peeps here at Thumpertalk's store and see what they can do for you, if they can't help try ProCycle in Springfield, OR. You could also call BBR in Auburn, WA or Pro-Wheels in Granite Falls, WA. Since they actually have the stock on hand and can tell you if they will sell them individually.

-Kerry

Alright appreciate it! I called up Pro-Wheels up in Granite Falls and I was able to get one from them.

I'm kinda partial to working with the guys from the Northwest... could you tell?

Glad to hear it.

-Kerry

Did they sell you a rim laced to a new stock rear hub or ? Can you tell me a ballpark figure for the rear that you spent. I just broke a spoke, and am having a hard time finding someone to relace and balance it locally.

How do you shear of 12 spokes? Were they not tight???

Did they sell you a rim laced to a new stock rear hub or ? Can you tell me a ballpark figure for the rear that you spent. I just broke a spoke, and am having a hard time finding someone to relace and balance it locally.

I'm sure if you sent them your hub they'd relace and true it - for some bucks. I used the BBR "how to" video for an XR50 and best guessed it on the two TTR rims. It worked and I've also done a YZ85 rear, since then. It's like splitting cases - it's only hard the first time.:bonk:

If you take a few pics to compare, give yourself a baseline, and don't get frustrated - you can give it a whirl. Don't tighten any one side too much, and you can figure out the truing part. Don't expect to make it perfect - It's on a TTR.

-Kerry

Hmmm. I may just give it a shot then.....