crf50 tranny issue..I think

Hello all. New to forum. I recently purchased a clean 2004 crf50 for my six year old. He had never ridden a bike before. It appeared to be in good shape and was priced right. I rode it and it seemed to operate fine.

But...when the bike warms up and is ridden a bit, the bike does not want to stop when brakes are applied. It continues to feel as if the motor wants to drive the bike. Sometimes, in this mode, if the brakes are held the motor starts to race and wind out. Also, the bike wants to jump forward when placed in gear and shifting can at times be difficult. It is scaring my 6 yr. old to death. I'm thinking the clutch plates are done as I have tried to make clutch adjustments per the manual but nothing seems to work. Please help! I would certainly appreciate any input. I have no experience with these auto transmissions.

First just check the idle adjustment. If it's idling too high then the centrifugal clutch will always be engaging and making the bike lurch when you put it in gear. Also, try adjusting the clutch as described in this video I made.

And its not an auto tranny, just the clutch is. 'nutcase

finally i found something lol, ill give that a try on my 70