jetting price

If i take my cr125 to a shop to get the jetting right, what do you think would be the price range for labor and the parts?

Look at 07 CR125 keeps fouling plugs. I just posted there. Try that and let me know how you do. Screw that shop. They can't figure out any more than Honda can. They're not out on the track riding the bike every day.

best advice, DO IT YOURSELF. im guessing your gonna get closer to perfect jetting than a mechanic who has a dozen bikes to work on will. See hes thinking about changing your main and billing you half an hour labor. Not testing each jet until perfect response and plug color comes out.

do it yourself, save the $100 and buy a 6pack. you will need it, jutting usually takes a while to figure out.

Yeah..I spent a lot of hours gettin it right. I think I got it down so I figured I'd share my nonexpert opinion with everyone who loves the CR125 like I do but spend all their time and money changing out plugs and making NGK rich...LOL!!

If you foul plugs alot does that mean your jetting is bad?

If you foul plugs alot does that mean your jetting is bad?

Yes it normally means that your bike is not jetted right and needs to be adjusted. Like everyone else said on here it takes a little bit of time and a little bit of money to buy the new jets, but unless you have someone who rides that same bike in your area, who's bike is jetted perfectly, just do it yourself. It's also much more rewarding when you do it as opposed to someone else doing it. Check in your manual it will give you a good basis for what the stock settings were and it should have a chart of some kind telling you what the jets need to be and what the air screw needs to be for different temps and elevations. Once again even the manual won't get it perfect but it will be really close to what it needs to be. From there you can fine tune it yourself to get it just right.

do i get the main, needle, and piolet jets or just one specific one?

If you get a bunch of different sizes of jets and have spare time it's not very hard to do. If you're not real confident in your abilities or want to save time them order a JD jet kit. I would definitely order one before I took it to a shop. It will be spot on. I was fouling about one plug every 2 hours. I put the kit in and a plug would last over a year. That's probably one of the best purchases I've made for my my bike.

What year is your CR125?

Mine is a 2000.

I would suggest that you set the jetting at a safe level that will fix the fouling problems but not be so close to perfect that you might run into problems when temps change.

Using the links for PC and Bill's that Stazz11 provided, here's what I came up with averaging the two.

Main Jet 350 (360 stock) Honda part# 99143-KZ4-3500

Pilot Jet 40 (50 stock) Honda part# 99133-KZ4-0400

Needle Clip 2nd (3rd stock)

You could start with a 45 pilot (Honda part# 99133-KZ4-0450) and let the airscrew tell you if you need to go more but both recommend a 40.

Anyway, buy the jets, change them out and the needle clip position (which is also leaner), put fresh pre-mix in the bike, a new sparkplug and a clean airfilter then check the airscrew (probably start at 1 1/2 turns) once the bike is warmed up. If your best setting is between 1 and 2 turns out, you're fine. If not, you'll need to adjust the pilot jet again.

To check the main jet, do a wide open run in a field and shut the bike off with the kill switch (without letting off the throttle until the bike dies), pull the plug and see what it looks like. Should be tan, not white (lean) and not black (rich).

This should be a leaner but safe starting point. Best of luck. :bonk:

Edited by HrcRacing

To check the main jet, do a wide open run in a field and shut the bike off with the kill switch (without letting off the throttle until the bike dies), pull the plug and see what it looks like.

When I was doing plug chops on my 02 the bike would not turn off with the kill switch unless I pulled the clutch in.. It just kept on running if the revs were high, no matter how long I held the button in. I wondered if that was normal and if it skewed my plug reading...

When I was doing plug chops on my 02 the bike would not turn off with the kill switch unless I pulled the clutch in.. It just kept on running if the revs were high, no matter how long I held the button in. I wondered if that was normal and if it skewed my plug reading...

You want to pull the clutch in at the same time you're hitting the kill switch.

You want to pull the clutch in at the same time you're hitting the kill switch.

Close throttle as well? Will it still kill if I keep the throttle open?

Yeah, it's kind of a simultaneous thing. It's not like if you keep the throttle open a fraction of a second longer you're going to get a false reading. I.e., don't over-think it. :bonk: