05 XR650L Balancer Alignment

I have a Clymer manual, and it really does not show very well the alignment marks for the balancer.

I bought this bike that has the stripped output shaft, but can tell someone has been in it. Looking at the on-line manual it shows to put the mark off to one side of the Crank Mark.

Can some one tell me if the dots 2 on the balancer and 1 on the Crank gear. If the one goes between the other 2. That is how it was when I took it apart, but the Manual shows to line the Crank mark to one or the other.

Thanks,

Todd

You'll see that there is an inner and outer gear on the balancer and they are about ½ tooth offset. The inner gear has two dots and the out has one. The teeth with two dots should be installed so that they are on either side of the the one with a single dot and the crank dot should be aligned with the single dot.

Balancer alone:

balancer-1.jpg

How it should be assembled with the crank. The gray dots are behind the front half of the gear:

balancer-assembled.jpg

You'll see that there is an inner and outer gear on the balancer and they are about ½ tooth offset. The inner gear has two dots and the out has one. The teeth with two dots should be installed so that they are on either side of the the one with a single dot and the crank dot should be aligned with the single dot.

Balancer alone:

balancer-1.jpg

How it should be assembled with the crank. The gray dots are behind the front half of the gear:

balancer-assembled.jpg

Awesome Thanks, that is the way it came out. I just wanted to be sure before putting it back together.

Todd