Hinson clutch basket

I pulled my clutch out for inspection today and i found the small gear on the back of my basket is loose. I can actually move it about 3/16" .I checked my stock basket and there is no movement at all. This does not seem right to me. Anyone know anything about this. This is a hinson basket, 07 yz125

That gear is pressed in and it should not have any movement in it I would be contacting hinson myself and asking for a warranty.

They are talking about this gear you can see it is pressed in.

Was that a factory defect or just from abuse? :bonk:

I have an 05 yz125, so I was just curious.

I took one out of my sons 07 125 that looked just like the one WAMXP1MP posted. When he tried to kick it over and the engine didn't even rotate, I know something was wrong. Ours was must from abuse. It was the original form 97 and just gave up.....Put a nice msr aftermarket that looks just like the hinson......

That gear is pressed in and it should not have any movement in it I would be contacting hinson myself and asking for a warranty.

They are talking about this gear you can see it is pressed in.

05yz125clutchbb.jpg

That basket looks brand new aside from the obviously missing gear!

That gear comes in the yz 250 hinson clutch basket, but other models use the oem gear and it has to be pressed into the new basket. Which category does the yz 1235 fit in?
the hinson basket for the 125 came with the gear pressed in

Owwch. A shanked gear. ( the pic looks like oem cast alum unit )

Performance Enginering ( P/E ) or Moose also make a quality billet and coated baskey. And cost less than Hinson.

I've used one Moose ( ktm sx 65 ) , and several P/E units ( yz 85 and yz 125). Good stuff.

Actually the one i was talking about was a moose basket. The reason i said hinson is because the box and directions that came with it both said hinson. I got a feeling they are the same and hinson makes them for moose. Any way it's typical for me to get a bad one. Guess i'll just right it off as more money wasted because they don't list a phone number for warranty and the shop i bought it from closed

Actually the one i was talking about was a moose basket. The reason i said hinson is because the box and directions that came with it both said hinson. I got a feeling they are the same and hinson makes them for moose. Any way it's typical for me to get a bad one. Guess i'll just right it off as more money wasted because they don't list a phone number for warranty and the shop i bought it from closed

If thats the case, call Hinson. If they made it, they will stand behind it. Good company.